Re: [iwar] Figuring out the "quantity" of import that IWAR implies?

From: c.b r (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-06-26 14:55:55

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: "c.b r" <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [iwar] Figuring out the "quantity" of import that IWAR implies?
To: fc@all.net

Fred: your example is a hauntingly effective example
of a combination of two thing and their linkage is
what was so devistating.  Hitler/Germanys use of
disinformation claiming that Jews were ruining all
that was good about being German and hence must be
exterminated-I hate even using these words.  Hitlers
war cabinet did a powerful job of linking that to way
too much nationalism.  Too much nationalism, alone, is
an effective disinformation tool in itself.  In
Germanies case, it caused near worship of all things
German and they linked to it the fact that jews
threatened Germany.  If you think about it, this was a
powerful combination and made the Holocost seem like a
reasonable matter to extremists in Germany.  It did
not take long for that sense of extremeism to spread
to the average Hans on the street.  Once it makes
sense to the average person, then your society
develops a frantic sense that the threat to
Germany-Jews-must be killed off, lest they kill us.

This was a sickening chapter in world history, be it
is a good demonstration of how if the right factors
are added together, then even the common man can come
to outlandish conclusions. This has nasty IWAR
implications.  Think about it!

Perhaps my comment this am should have been -how do we
figure out the weight IWAR will carry.