RE: [iwar] 21 club

From: John Sforza (jsforza@rochester.rr.com)
Date: 2001-07-24 05:24:59

To: <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "John Sforza" <jsforza@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:24:59 -0400
Subject: RE: [iwar] 21 club

>" Most of its members are without a clue on IWAR and cyber-terrorism, and
>the firm which they ran have all been  victums[sic] of cybers attacks
already."

Among those individuals with enough 'name' to be taken seriously by private
and government entities, who hasn't had an experience with some form of
cyber attack. As to 'clue' these individual's need to lead the process - not
fight in the trenches and that requires vision. Perhaps a new set of
viewpoints would be productive. On the other hand I am reminded of the poem
'The Blind Men and the Elephant' by John Godfrey Saxe (with credit of course
to it's Indian origin), it will be very difficult (Fred, how about a
probability model of group consensus here) if not impossible to define and
drive an effective cyber security policy with out a dominant leader and I am
not sure that Condoleezza Rice can provide that among other
responsibilities. I also have reservations regarding an 'all Federal' group,
let's let everybody play. Bottom line - 21 individuals in a room is either a
cocktail party or an unlawful assembly.

" Most of its members are without a clue on IWAR and cyber-terrorism, and
the firm which they ran have all
been  victums[sic] of cybers attacks already."

..and your justification for this opinion is...? What substantiates the idea
"21 CEOs" are worse then what currently exists?

Jim