Re: [iwar] Why Code Red is never going to Spread Exponentially

From: Gary Warner (gar@askgar.com)
Date: 2001-08-04 21:43:16

Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:43:16 -0700
From: Gary Warner <gar@askgar.com>
To: fc@all.net
Subject: Re: [iwar] Why Code Red is never going to Spread Exponentially

> Perhaps we need to start a private group using encrypted communications
> to discuss these issues?  I have a standard rigging for this using PGP...

I could go for that.  I use hushmail presently for encryption level stuff, mostly
because I don't even want it on my machine.  Unfortunately in this business,
there is always the chance that some well-meaning law enforcement individual is
going to seize everything I own.  8-)

I have some wild stories that would best be told in a more secure format along
those lines. No worries.  I'm totally white hat, and the only time its been
ambiguous, I was acting "under orders" and had a federal judge and an assistant
US Attorney "in the loop".

Anyway, let me know if you would like to start a more secure group.  I have a
linguistics degree to go with my compsci and actively monitor groups in
portuguese (brasilian), romanian, chinese, and spanish (mexican), with "trusted"
membership in certain groups among the first three.  (Romanian is with the
assistance of a local ballet dancer who translates, so that one I have to jump
through some hoops to do "interactive" anything.)  Recognizing motivations,
programming styles, and attack trends is one of my hobbies.

_-_
gar