[iwar] Eye witness account - asserted...

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-12 15:28:25

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] Eye witness account - asserted...

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/mail/currentmail.html#eye

An eyewitness acccount:

Dear Jerry,

Following is a message which my one of my best friends passed along with
permission to distribute to those who might be interested.  It fills in
the details that I missed in my original conversation with him and
attempted to relate to you.

Tom has given me permission to distribute the message - please feel free
to post it if you deem it appropriate.

Sincerely,

Art Russell, Major, US Army (Retired)

Message Follows:

Today was a tragedy for all of America and to my family, a very personal
one.  Lynn and my Niece Liz's husband, Jeremy Glick was on United flight
93 this morning.  When the Hijackers took control of flight 93.  Jeremy
called my niece who in-turn conferenced him to 911.  Jeremy relayed to
the police what was happening as the hijacking unfolded.  As our niece
Liz listened, Jeremy told the police there were three Arab terrorists
with knives and a large red box that they claimed contained a bomb.
Jeremy tracked the second by second details and relayed them to the
police by phone.  After several minutes of describing the scene, Jeremy
and several other passengers decided there was nothing to lose by
rushing the hijackers.  Although United Flight 93 crashed outside of
Pittsburgh, with the loss of all souls.  Jeremy and the other patriotic
heroes saved the lives of many people on the ground that would have died
if the Arab terrorists had been able to complete their heinous mission.

Please offer your prayers for all of those who perished or were injured
in this tragic of all days and to our niece Liz Glick and her
2-month-old child, Emerson, who are left without their loving Husband
and Father.

May we remember Jeremy and the other brave souls as heroes, soldiers and
Americans' on United flight 93 whom so gallantry gave their lives to
save many others.

Lynn, our four adult children and I are headed to New York to be with
our family during this time of great sadness

All of my best,

Tom

We find heroism in many places.

Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Secure corporate intranets? Authenticate your Web sites? Whatever
security your site needs, you'll find the perfect solution here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wOMkGD/Q56CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM