[iwar] [fc:Who.is.to.blame.for.what.hapenned.and.will.happen]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-23 10:29:06

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:29:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Who.is.to.blame.for.what.hapenned.and.will.happen]

                          Pin the tail...!
                        By Tariq A.Al-Maeena,
                    Asharq Al Wasat, Sept. 22, 01

As war drums beat louder and American troops are being rushed to the
Gulf and the subcontinent, a number of disturbing questions are
beginning to emerge.  Questions that point toward a stench that do not
necessarily seem to be coming out of Afghanistan.  Asides from the $10
question of who has the most to gain from all of the meaningless terror
of Sept.  11, there are other niggling pointers to a far more devious
plot than what has been reported or could be imagined.  To begin with,
why did CNN use footage from 1991 showing Palestinians celebrating a
Scud attack during the Gulf War, broadcasting it as a live shot on Sept
11, 2001? Shown repeatedly on Headline News and CNN in the USA, this
footage probably inflamed more Americans and evoked anti-Arab emotions
than the attack itself.  It was only moments after the attacks that
these scenes were displayed.  Just how long does it take to gather a
bunch of people, abandoned and hungry and jump up and down in front of
the camera in Palestine? And did anyone notice the time zone? A
spokesman at the BBC has confirmed use of this old footage by CNN.  They
have copies of such material in their film vaults.

Then there is the mystery of the 'no-shows'; those employees who failed
to show up for work on the day of the bombings.  We are talking about
thousands here.  And believe me, they are not as tardy as we are in this
part of the world when it comes to attendance and punctuality.  Did this
not cross anyone's minds? And what about the reports on the 5 Israelis
atop a high tower who were filming the events as they unfolded, hooting
and hollering? All we know is that they were eventually deported.  How
convenient!

All four Black Boxes were supposedly destroyed and rendered unusable.
This in spite of the fact that they are designed specifically for plane
crashes which result in insurmountable conditions...Yet one of the
hijackers' passport supposedly survives fire and heat of over 1000
degrees Fahrenheit and is found in perfect shape? CNN reported that one
of the hijackers' passport was in the area 'around' the World Trade
Center.  What kind of idiots do they take us for?

Aside from the idiocy of any suggestion that a passport would survive a
plane crash that is allegedly so severe it destroys the virtually
indestructible Black Box, we are also led to believe that a passport,
made of nothing but paper 'flew away' out of the hijacker's pocket, down
a few blocks from the WTC grounds.  Why a few blocks away? Could it be
because Bin Laden wanted to make sure it was in a place out of
everyone's sight?

Then there was the identifying of suspects.  They threw just about every
Arab in the barrel, including one who had been dead for a couple of
years! Also included were some living folk who came out and reported
there true whereabouts.  One was in his home in Jeddah, and the other
operating a flight out of Tunis.

And the car found in the underground parking lot at the airport in
Boston.  How convenient that Arabic material was strewn all over the
back seat for one and all to see.  If Bin Laden was indeed behind all of
this, then his planning is really made up by nothing more than chumps.
And a flight handbook in Arabic? Give me a break! Talk to any flight
crew member, and they would scoff at you.  Training material is always
in the language of the equipment one is training to fly on.  And the
aircraft flown were assembled in Seattle!

And probably the greatest contradiction in this whole scenario is the
FBI report that two of the Arabic hijackers were involved in a bar
altercation in Florida some time before the bombings.  This was over the
price of drinks.  Now I've come across some fanatics, and let me assure
you that not one of them would be preparing to meet his Maker in a state
of inebriation, or with alcohol coursing through his veins.  Makes the
whole concept of jihad meaningless if you ask me.  Or was it simply to
draw attention to their presence, another red herring if you will?

Yes, something is not right here.  And consider this...it was only
through the Freedom of Information Act that a couple of decades later we
came to know the real truth about some historical events.  That Robert
Kennedy was at the bedside of Marilyn Monroe moments before she died.
Or that J.  Edgar Hoover the then director of the FBI had advance
information on the plot to assassinate JFK, including the when and
where.

Remember the 'rebel without a cause' that macho figure of screen actors,
Marlon Brando? Who can forget his tearful apologies to the Jews after he
was made to return to CNN and retract an earlier statement? And this
from a guy who snubbed Hollywood and the Oscars with more than a
statement!

It is understandable that the American people are upset.  Rational and
humane people everywhere have similar feelings over the tragic loss of
innocent lives.  But a war is being planned out based on assumptions,
suspicions, inferences, half-truths and previous incidents.  If Bin
Laden is indeed guilty, then hang him.

But before George Bush goes full out with his 'wanted-dead or alive'
posters and compounds this tragedy with more innocent blood, let the
full might of his investigate bodies dig out the real truth.  Pinning
the tail on the wrong donkey would be of great disservice to the
American people, and to innocent people everywhere else.  And once
again, US foreign policy may find itself falling flat on its backside!

-Tariq A.Al-Maeena

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XrFcOC/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM