[iwar] [fc:Bush's.terrorist.buddy,.Part.2]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-06 21:33:55

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 21:33:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Bush's.terrorist.buddy,.Part.2]

                           Debbie Schlussel

                           October 6, 2001
                    Bush's terrorist buddy, Part 2

In my previous column, I wrote about President Bush's terrorist buddy,
Dr.  Sami Al-Arian, a University of South Florida professor, who is the
Islamic Jihad's frontman in America and, today, roams free.

Since a recent appearance on FOX News Channel's "O'Reilly Factor,"
Al-Arian has been suspended with pay.  He claims it is for his safety –
due to threats.  But, in reality, it is due to the justified outrage of
South Floridians, University of South Florida students and their
parents, and other U.S.  citizens that a college professor who illegally
launders money for Islamic Jihad and helps its leaders and operatives
get into the U.S.  on temporary visas is allowed to remain on a
taxpayer-funded faculty, teaching students.

However, now Al-Arian is on a paid holiday.  He does not have to work,
but he still gets paid, by us – the taxpayers.  This is not the kind of
reward we should be giving terrorist operatives.  There is another
reward that is far more deserved, and it is called "justice." Not the
phony justice where a speedy trial and lawyers help this Islamic Jihad
puppet-master get off.  And not the phony justice of a presidential
visit to the Washington, D.C., mosque where we all make nice after a
terrorist attack.  But real justice, in which a national security
problem is treated once and for all like a national security matter, not
a trumped-up civil rights matter.  And not a political matter to be
courted at the White House, like Al-Arian was by President George W.
Bush.

New, more damning evidence has come to light on Al-Arian – evidence that
has been in the possession of federal law enforcement agencies for at
least a year.  Evidence – which for some bizarre reason – has not been
acted upon.  All while he and his son visit the White House.  A very
interesting video of Al-Arian has surfaced.  Remember the "peace-loving"
Islamic mosques to which we've been preached about on an almost hourly
basis? Well, in the latest Al-Arian video, his role is not quite the
cuddly purple Islamic Barney, and neither are the Muslim clerics that
join him.  Fawwaz Abu Damra, Imam of the Islamic Center of Cleveland is
seen fundraising with Al-Arian, on the night of December 22, 1988.

While most Americans were celebrating Christmas or Chanukkah around this
time, Abu Damra was introducing Al-Arian at a fundraising session at the
mosque.  "Tonight, Dr.  Sami Al-Arian he is president of the Islamic
Committee for Palestine.  A short briefing about the Islamic Committee
for Palestine, it is the active arm of the Islamic Jihad Movement.  And
we like to call it the Islamic Committee for Palestine here for security
reasons."

Security reasons – not to mention tax-deductible, U.S.  taxpayer
subsidized reasons.

Next, the video shows Al-Arian uttering such peace-loving jewels, as
"Let us damn America.  Let us damn their allies until death.  Why do we
stop?" Did Al-Arian stop when he was visiting the White House, this past
summer? Only he knows for sure.

Then, Ramadan Abdullah Shallah, current chief of Islamic Jihad, based in
Damascus, Syria (Syria – our latest, greatest anti-terrorism coalition
partner), graces this real-life horror-flick.  A former University of
South Florida professor, himself, who gained access to the U.S.  on a
temporary visa obtained for him by Al-Arian, his video sentiments are
hardly the Sesame Street variety – unless Bert, Ernie and the Cookie
Monster are teaching the ABC's of anti-American terrorism:

"And the sister who is saying, the first solution is to topple the
regimes when we call for toppling the regimes, will it be a picnic or
Jihad? Now when we go to topple the regimes will it be a picnic, meaning
Sunday picnic, or Jihad?" Shallah asks rhetorically.  "Now how do we
topple the rulers? I say to you, we topple the rulers with Jihad.  I
propose a way.  I say toppling the rulers and rubbing their nose in the
dirt and Jihad against them is not terrorism."

Standing under Islamic Jihad banners, Al-Arian expounded on his views of
Christianity and Judaism: “God warns us in the Koran and he cursed them.
He cursed those who are the sons of Israel through David and Jesus, the
Son of Mary, because of their disobedience and they used to assail, they
were not held back by any prohibition they committed.  Those people God
made monkeys and pigs.”

In the background, there are posters hanging in the Cleveland mosque,
including symbols of Islamic Jihad and statements, like "It is Jihad.
Victory or Martyrdom."

But this Winter 1998 Cleveland mosque episode was not unique.  Al-Arian
and the Cleveland Islamic leader, Abu Damra, took their secret terrorist
fundraising telethon on the road, and law enforcement is in the
possession of documentation and videos denoting such appearances
throughout the U.S.

A letter from Al-Arian to Isma'il al-Shatti, a fellow Islamic Jihadist,
dated February 1, 1995, and translated from Arabic by U.S.  government
officials also features similar language about the Islamic Jihad's
terrorist activities and goals, as well as Al-Arian's goal of obtaining
his American passport, "at which time I hope to establish a good
relationship between us." Al-Arian, and most of those for whom he
obtained temporary visas for entry into the United States, immediately
illegally registered to vote, upon entering.  Law enforcement knows this
to be a common practice among terrorists who can then use their U.S.
drivers licenses and voter ID cards as proof of U.S.  Citizenship in
less scrupulous countries, such as the Caribbean nations, from which to
conduct and plan terrorist operations undetected.

Aside from his links to the 1993 World Trade Center bombers, Al-Arian's
Islamic Jihad is important for the lists it is on and the lists it is
not on.  Islamic Jihad – while on the official State Department list of
terrorist groups – is not on the Bush list of terrorist groups to be
tackled in "Operation Infinite Justice." Apparently the justice is a lot
more finite than the name implies, because Flight 93, which crashed near
Pittsburgh, featured hijackers in red headbands, symbolic of Islamic
Jihad, which takes its orders from the government of Iran.  Callers on
cellphones all provided accounts of the red headbands to relatives and
law enforcement, according to many sources, including USA Today and NBC
News.

And this was not the first time that Islamic Jihad successfully targeted
Americans for death.  Another tragic victim of Al-Arian's murderous
religious group was Alisa Flatow.

In 1995, this young, bright, beautiful girl – a U.S.  citizen and New
Jersey resident – was murdered at the age of 20, never to get her
college degree or marry her longtime boyfriend.  She was murdered by
Al-Arian's Islamic Jihad.  Under the Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death
Penalty Act of 1996, – which allows families of fatal victims of
terrorism to sue its sponsors – the Flatow Family successfully sued the
government of Iran that sponsors Al-Arian's Islamic Jihad and that had
the gall to include an actual line-item budget item for its terrorist
attacks on civilians like Alisa.  But Bill Clinton and his various
federal bureaucracies refused to enforce the law and prevented the
Flatows' seizure of most Iranian assets within U.S.  control.  But the
Flatows did not know about Al-Arian and his supporters.  Now they know,
and so do the victims of the WTC attacks.  And I know a lot of good
lawyers, whose next aim should be to bankrupt this man.  Contact Debbie
Schlussel <a
href="mailto:dschlussel@yahoo.com?Subject=Re:%20(ai)%20[Fwd:%20Bush's%20terrorist%20buddy,%20Part%202]%2526In-Reply-To=%2526lt;3BBFAF88.92FE2E21@speconsult.com">dschlussel@yahoo.com</a>
©2001

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM