[iwar] Please help us build a Web Archive of the Sept 11 Attack

From: yangyun@metacrawler.com
Date: 2001-10-10 03:58:47

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: yangyun@metacrawler.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:58:47 -0000
Subject: [iwar] Please help us build a Web Archive of the Sept 11 Attack

webArchivist.org
Please help us build a Web Archive of the Sept 11 Attack

webArchivist.org is working with The Internet Archive in
collaboration with the Library of Congress to identify and archive
pages and sites related to the terrorist attacks in New York and
Washington on September 11, 2001. We want to be sure that there is a
solid historical record of this time.

We are asking for volunteers to help us identify any web sites or
pages that have information or content about the Sep11 Attack. We are
especially interested in finding sites by individuals -- that record
their feelings, experiences or opinions. We are also especially
interested in finding non-American sites.

We can build a better archive with your help! Choose one of the ways
below (it is not necessary to do both):

webArchivist Basic

·        Drag this link onto your links toolbar:
ArchiveThis [Click here if you need help to do this].

·        Surf the web as you normally would

·        When you are viewing a site that should be added to the
Sep11 Attack Archive, simply click your new ArchiveThis toolbar button
 webArchivist Advanced

·        If you'd like to contribute your thoughts about the sites
you are adding to the Sep11 Attack Archive, drag this link onto your
links toolbar:
NoteThis [Click here if you need help to do this].

·        Surf the web as you normally would

·        When you are viewing a site that should be added to the
Sep11 Attack Archive, simply click your new NoteThis toolbar button,
and click the appropriate buttons on the Note form

Alternative strategies that are also very helpful:

Send email with a list of links that you find interesting
Download Alexa – every site you visit will eventually wind up in the
Internet Archive.

Comments or suggestions welcome.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM