Cutting through hype, spin, and propaganda - "Fact Squad Radio"

From: PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility (pfir@pfir.org)
Date: 2001-10-21 10:24:16

Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cutting through hype, spin, and propaganda - "Fact Squad Radio"
From: pfir@pfir.org (PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility)
To: PFIR-List@pfir.org

	    	         Announcing "Fact Squad Radio"

                              October 21, 2001

                        http://www.factsquad.org/radio

	PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org

        [ To subscribe or unsubscribe to/from this list, please send the
          command "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" respectively (without the
	  quotes) in the body of an e-mail to "pfir-request@pfir.org". ]

Greetings.  The main purpose of People For Internet Responsibility's
recently-announced "Fact Squad" effort is to cut through hype, spin,
misinformation, and propaganda regarding technological issues and their
effects upon society.

In furtherance of this goal, we're pleased to announce the launching of the
"Fact Squad Radio" service.  Fact Squad Radio is providing very
short (one minute), tightly-focused audio features, each concentrating on
a single relevant topic of importance.  These vignettes are aimed at
explaining the issues briefly in a non-technical manner suitable for
general audiences.  Topics to be covered will include both matters of
long-standing importance and crucial issues of the moment.

We encourage linking and redistribution of these features, and they are
freely distributable without any further permission being needed for
non-broadcast, non-commercial usage.  Requests for other kinds of usage will
be considered on a case-by-case basis.  We'll be ramping up towards a five
per week, M-F schedule.  All segments are in the standard MP3 format.

The debut Fact Squad Radio feature concerns a topic of some significant
interest right now -- National ID Cards.

Fact Squad Radio is at:

   http://www.factsquad.org/radio

Thanks very much!

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren@pfir.org or lauren@vortex.com or lauren@privacyforum.org
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
Co-Founder, PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, Fact Squad - http://www.factsquad.org
Moderator, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

--This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to serve--
Fred Cohen		Fred Cohen & Associates.........tel/fax:925-454-0171
fc@all.net		The University of New Haven.....http://www.unhca.com/
http://all.net/		Sandia National Laboratories....tel:925-294-2087

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM