[iwar] [fc:Work/Intel.groups.-.interesting.request.(anonymized...)]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-26 20:22:34

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:22:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Work/Intel.groups.-.interesting.request.(anonymized...)]

Subject: [...] Work/Intel groups

My agency has tasked me with identifying any working groups, intel
groups or other such meetings that exist in my area of responsibility
and whose charter is to share protective, threat and/or crime
information.  The Federal Protective Service exists to protect federal
property throughout the U.S.  We operate in your jurisdictions and rely
heavily on information developed by your officers and employees.  Our
mission is more akin to local law enforcement than it is to the federal
LE agencies.  We do belong to some groups, but they are mainly in the
Miami and Atlanta areas.  We would like to identify as many as possible
throughout our region and assign a representative to them.  This
representative would be a full-time, sworn, Officer or Agent.  We would
obviously abide by the groups charter and comply with any conditions
established.

So what can we offer? In return, we can offer nationwide contacts and
secure information dissemination.  Since we would belong to these groups
throughout the region, we could act as a bridge between them.  Nearly
every federal agency exists in FPS space and we have contacts with all
of them.  We also have access to resources that may be of mutual
benefit.  Three of our regions are currently establishing a pilot
program where we will make available sophisticated on-site anthrax
testing equipment to local EMS.  We have a well established physical
security program and a fledgling Regional Threat Assessment process that
was recently accredited by ASIS.  We are also one of the 42 agencies
comprising the Homeland Security Agency.  I have no idea how that aspect
will play out, but it gives us a role in the bigger picture.

My AOR is the southeast U.S.,
Georgia-Florida-Mississippi-Alabama-Tennessee-Kentucky-N.  Carolina-S.
Carolina.  If any of you in these states know of, or participate in, a
group you think might be of benefit to us, I would appreciate hearing
from you.  If you do not have such a group, maybe we could discuss
establishing one if you're so inclined.

Although I am mainly interested in the SE U.S., I would be glad to
accept any information from the rest of you throughout the nation.  I
will pass the information on to the FPS office that services your
geographical area.

I'd like to include our overseas brethren as well, but I'm not sure I
can convince my agency to let me out of the country once or twice a
month.  It's hard enough to get them to let me out of my office.  I'm
open for suggestions, though.

Any assistance you provide would be greatly appreciated.  Please email
me directly and we'll see what we can do.

Thanx.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM