Re: [iwar] 4.1 Million users out of service - at least that's how I see it...

From: steve_hosie@mech.disa.mil
Date: 2001-12-04 09:09:31

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: steve_hosie@mech.disa.mil
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:09:31 -0700
Subject: Re: [iwar] 4.1 Million users out of service - at least that's how I see it...

Earthlink DSL is the option which I am taking.  AT&T and @home can go off
and play their games neither of which gave outstanding customer service to
begin with, but the disconnection was the last straw.  From what I have
heard, I am not the only one who will be leaving AT&T broadband service.

Who is the winner out of this ?  The modem manufacturers and the dial up
service providers in the short term, DSL in the long term ?

Respectfully,
Steve Hosie, CISSP, CISA

                    Fred Cohen
                    <fc@all.net>         To:     iwar@onelist.com (Information Warfare Mailing List)
                                         cc:
                    12/02/2001           Subject:     [iwar] 4.1 Million users out of service - at least that's how
                    12:45 AM             I see it...
                    Please
                    respond to
                    iwar

Earlier today my @home connection and the underlying network
infrastructure were shut down.  It took me several hours to get
alternative services up (I don't have hot standbyes for non-essential
infrastructures), but I doubt if most of the 4.1 million others who have
@home service are as skilled or willing or able to get out of this jam
so easily.

The biggest problem... finding Internet acces points without the
Internet...

Try it some time...

FC
--This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to
serve--
Fred Cohen          Fred Cohen & Associates.........tel/fax:925-454-0171
fc@all.net          The University of New Haven.....http://www.unhca.com/
http://all.net/          Sandia National Laboratories....tel:925-294-2087

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.