[iwar] Announcing Homeland Defense Journal - Subscription information (fwd)

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-12-31 14:06:18

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:06:18 -0800 (PST)

Per the message sent by David C. Dickson:

The purpose of this message is to invite you and your colleagues to
subscribe to a new publication - Homeland Defense Journal. A press release
announcing this new publication is below. This is a free subscription.

If you wish to subscribe, simply REPLY to this message and place SUBSCRIBE
in the subject line. You will be added to the subscription list for our
electronic distribution by email. All electronic subscribers will be
offered a free paper copy after they subscribe.

If you wish to be removed from this list, place REMOVE in the SUBJECT line
and REPLY to this message. We do not wish to send you any emails that you
do not wish to receive.

The first issue will be released on January 7, 2002 and will have the
following features and articles:

· COVER FEATURE: Update on Capitol Hill, legislation and funding for
Homeland Security programs.

· FEDERAL: FCC - Commissioner Abernathy on radio spectrum issues and
inter-operability for emergency communications.

· STATES: Florida anti-terrorism measures and organization

· MUNICIPALITIES: Arlington fire chief on wireless communications
lessons-learned at the Pentagon site

· NEW PRODUCTS: New wireless products

· NEWS BRIEFS: Items of interest to the homeland defense community
reporting on federal, state and local news events.

… and much more!

*** Press Release ***

Homeland Defense Journal Launches Publication

Newspaper to provide News and Information for Homeland Defense Community

Arlington, Va. -- Homeland Defense Journal, Incorporated announced today
the launch of a new publication, Homeland Defense Journal, a premier source
of news about homeland security and preparedness.

The Homeland Defense Journal is an independent newspaper for government
officials, public safety officers, corporate executives, and contractors
providing products and services at all levels of federal, state and local
governments.

"Our mission is to provide timely, comprehensive information exchange about
the legislative initiatives, research, projects, government acquisitions,
products and services most important to our readers." said Don W. Dickson,
publisher of Homeland Defense Journal.

"From the companies supplying our cities' emergency response teams to the
officials protecting our national security, the people in the business of
homeland defense need a reliable source of information and news," Dickson
said.
The Homeland Defense Journal tracks news from the White House, Capitol
Hill, federal agencies and state governments, as well as key players in the
defense, telecommunications and information technology industries. The
newspaper is a must read resource for anyone following developments in:

· Information systems, data sharing, data warehousing
· National defense and security
· Outfitting emergency response teams
· Physical security and infrastructure protection
· Chemical and biological defense and protection
· Telecommunications and networking
· Information technology
· Cyber warfare and network security
· Emergency response, surge planning, logistics support
· Research and development
· Training and Simulation

Published by Market*Access International, a consulting firm specializing in
strategic planning, federal market research and contract services. The
Homeland Defense Journal will be published twice monthly and is free to
subscribers.

An advisory board that includes legislators, former government officials
and industry executives with broad experience in security issues will guide
the Homeland Defense Journal.

Sponsors and advertisers can contact Vicki Orendorff at 703-807-2747 for
more information.

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!