[iwar] [fc:Let's.Go.MAD.Against.Terrorists]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2002-06-21 06:03:58

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:03:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Let's.Go.MAD.Against.Terrorists]

DefenseWatch (sftt.org)
June 19, 2002
Let's Go MAD Against Terrorists
By David H. Hackworth
The terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 showed that the self-anointed
Islamic "holy warriors" had moved on from World Trade Center I, when they
exploded a Timothy McVeigh-type fertilizer truck bomb, to the big-bang
passenger planes from hell that brought down the twin towers.
Based upon the recent arrest of Jose Padilla and other current intel buzz,
you can bet our murderous opponents are busily working on upping the ante to
Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) for their next go against the United
States.
Most intelligence agencies say it's not a question of if, but when - before
we get blistered with genocidal-caliber weapons. Vice President Dick Cheney
recently warned Prime Minister Tony Blair that the Brits should consider
themselves in the cross hairs as well.
The billion-dollar question is: Since most global terrorist leaders such as
Osama bin Laden claim they're independent operators and don't march under
any state flag, who's accountable if we get nuked, bugged or gassed?
Within hours after 9-11, our Washington intelligence folks fingered bin
Laden and were able to confirm a few days later that he was indeed the
twisted mind behind WTC II. A month later, he and his boys were hugging the
bottoms of caves in their Afghan sanctuary while U.S. air power let them
know exactly how we felt about their evil act. And around the world, his
rats were not only on the run with a posse on their tails, they were already
having a hard time sucking cash out of ATM machines and were seriously
unhappy about their cell phones being tapped.
But the creeps who killed and wounded a score of American civilians last
September with anthrax are a completely different story. Sure, feds and
local fuzz are on the case, but so far we're still scratching for
fingerprints, and no one's been nailed. All we have are computer files
crammed with reports. No one's even been ID'd, let alone terminated with
extreme prejudice for using a WMD against Americans on American soil.
I'm worried that this same scenario will play out when we're hit with a
whopping WMD that kills and wounds tens of thousands, perhaps millions, of
innocents. The living will pick themselves up from the dead and wonder what
hit them, while whoever's left at our agencies will start scurrying around
again looking for clues.
So before any Armageddon, let's consider bringing back the strategy of
Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) - the strategy that prevented the Soviets
and the USA from destroying civilization once both sides figured out that if
they didn't keep a grip, Planet Earth would be fried.
No, I haven't morphed into Doctor Strangelove. In fact, having witnessed the
consequences of war up close and personal on every major continent over the
past 56 years, I believe so strongly in peace that I became a leader and
spokesman for the Australian anti-nuke party during the 1980s. For trying to
get the superpowers to stop that decade's nuclear-arms-race nightmare, I was
presented the United Nations Peace Medal, an award I still cherish above all
others. But I've also studied terrorism long enough to conclude that the
only way to win against the Islamic extremists is to out-terror them. And
that can't be done by making nice.
Despite their constant protests of innocence, we know that citizens - and in
some cases the governments - of countries such as Lebanon, Libya, Iran,
Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria and North Korea actively support or
sympathize with the international Islamic terrorist movement in its war on
the United States and most other Judeo-Christian states.
MAD recycled will tell these colluding terrorist countries that their cities
are now targeted by USAF and Navy ballistic missiles, just as Soviet cities
were during the Cold War, and that if one WMD is used anywhere in this great
land, they'll get a radiated eye for an eye.
You can bet your survival boots they'll stop supporting the terrorist madmen
with money, equipment and recruits quick smart.
If we're lucky and MAD works, the most fanatical crazies the world has seen
will think twice before committing their fiendish WMD deeds. Hopefully -
when they consider the destruction of their families and realize martyrdom
won't mean much in the glowing craters that were once their back yards -
even these misguided monsters will get the word.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/kgFolB/TM