[iwar] WorldCom as critical infrastructure - CEO

From: televr (yangyun@metacrawler.com)
Date: 2002-07-09 02:42:33

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "televr" <yangyun@metacrawler.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:42:33 -0000
Subject: [iwar] WorldCom as critical infrastructure - CEO

http://news.findlaw.com/wp/docs/worldcom/70802jstst.pdf

• WorldCom has more than 20 million customers. On the residential
side, our MCI phone service handles 70 million phone calls every
weekend alone. And tens of thousands of businesses depend on our
services to support their mission-critical applications.

• WorldCom is the largest Internet carrier in the world. Our
operations provide Internet services to some 100 countries on six
continents.

• WorldCom is a provider of network services for critical applications
for the United States Government. These applications include the
provision of customer service to 80 million Social Security
beneficiaries, air traffic control applications for the Federal
Aviation Administration, network management for the Department of
Defense, and critical data network services for the U.S. Postal
Service. In addition, WorldCom provides long distance voice and data
communications services for the House, the Senate, and the General
Accounting Office. Our company provides those same kinds of services
for virtually every government agency under its FTS2001 contract. In
addition, WorldCom provides support for law enforcement and homeland
security agencies, as well as agencies concerned with national security.

In other words, WorldCom is a key component of our nation`s economy
and communications infrastructure. Both commercial and national
security interests rely upon WorldCom`s operations continuing without
disruption.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/TPvn8A/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/kgFolB/TM