Re: [iwar] Mal-Management and Mal-Media

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2002-07-26 21:58:42

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:58:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] Mal-Management and Mal-Media

One slight Modification:  They are providing aid (monetarily) to themselves and a small circles of insider firends.
Corporate Criminals are as dasterely as violent criminal, but what really places them in their own league is the fact that they harm the "financial greater good". AKA 275Million Americans and lots of foreign interests too. Sadly, in the present political climate, acts of large scale corporate fraud will continue to be "just a little misbehaving between the CEO's".   With the exception of Adelphi -whose officers were arrested for criminal fraud--none of the parties who were playing financial games with the money of all investors, just did some serious damage to the average personal investor, but in corporate calculas, they just do not count.  The situation surrounding Worldcom makes no sense. They allegedly misused $2Billion, but somehow that turned into a 40 Billion dollor net loss when they filed for Chapter 22 Bankruptcy Protection. This all begs the question of who is minding the corporate store at the SEC and Dept of Justice?
 Tony Bartoletti wrote:During the Vietnam war, anti-war protesters were surveilled, hounded, and
jailed.  They were not portrayed merely as lawbreakers guilty of neutral
disruptions.  They WERE characterized as "providing aid and comfort to the
enemy".

Our current enemies, so we are led to believe, hate our affluent, free
lifestyle, and see it as decadent and morally corrupt.

The corporate officers engaged in willful frauds of all kinds (illegal
energy market manipulations, falsified and hyperbolic accounting practices)
have led to US losses that I imagine will accrue to over $100
billion.  These acts play directly into the hands of our enemies, pure
examples of decadence and moral corruption, while crippling our county's
ability to respond with effective action.

Why do we not characterize these corporate players as "providing aid and
comfort to the enemy"?

Sounds like a prime-time draw to me.

____tony b____

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT