RE: [iwar] The Fog and Friction of War (fwd)

From: John Sforza (jsforza@isrisk.net)
Date: 2002-10-04 09:45:38

To: <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "John Sforza" <jsforza@isrisk.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:45:38 -0400
Subject: RE: [iwar] The Fog and Friction of War (fwd)

Yup.. But....

This marine forgets what he has been provided with by the U.S.
government - TRAINING. He has been taught a method to mask his
intensions from adversaries, to value that information - even casual
commentary can be used to offer an advantage to the enemy. In the .gov
and federal contractor space this is OPSEC training. That training is
available to the civil population in VERY LIMITED channels if at all. I
give OPSEC briefings to the general population and I can tell you that
the light bulb's ALWAYS come on. This is a missing component of the
civil security culture. Often associated with 'social engineering' and
wet-ware common sense, it is much more. It is also amazing how many
individuals who have had this training seem to forget it as lifestyles
change. Ohhh well.... A voice in the wilderness.

John Sforza
COO, IA Operations Director
ISRisk
jsforza@isrisk.net
585-230-3516 voice
720-294-6533 fax
www.isrisk.net

Mail Address:
P.O. Box 154
Pultneyville, NY 14538

ISRisk Privilege and Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this communication
is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It does not contain any privileged, confidential or
classified information. If you have received this in
error, please notify postmaster@isrisk.net immediately.