[iwar] Gartner labels cyberterrorism a dud

From: sanbar <sandbar@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 17:01:15 PST

Gartner labels cyberterrorism a dud

Julian Bajkowski, Computerworld

14/11/2003 08:00:03

Governments, after years of fruitless hysteria, are shifting their national
security focus away from the threat of cyber attacks launched by terrorist
groups to enhancing eavesdropping capabilities to monitor such groups,
according to Gartner's research director for information security and risk,
Rich Mogull.

All but dismissing the cyber terror threat, Mogull claims that, after much
publicity, it has failed to materialise in all but theory.

"There has not been a single case; we've talked with governments,
businesses and the military and there has not been a single occurrence,"
Mogull said, adding that the high availability of those willing to die for
a terrorist cause was of far more immediate concern.

More at http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=1067842694&eid=-255

(Apologies if this comes through as html. I've tried migrating to Eudora
which is a biatch to configure.)

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/kgFolB/TM