[iwar] A collection of items that have fallen from the public view?

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 11:42:02 PST

Yesterday afternoon in a class I was teaching one of the students
mentioned that the media seems to have lost sight of the case of the
person in the Whitehouse who leaked the fact that an embasadore's wife
was a CIA agent.

As I have been thinking about it, there seem to be many items such as
this that are being strategically ignored by the media - at least in the
US. Now I don't imagine that this is a conspiracy or anything like
that, but I thought it might be a good idea to make a little colleciton
of all the things that should be viewed as major stories but that are
being pushed off the front page by ... according to my local newspaper
... "Texas govern'd by Peoples' Will" and "Remembering Pearl Harbor"
and some sports items. The national news talks about the chaplain that
is being tried for crimes that John Deutche (remember - he took
classified home on his laptop a few years back?) actually committed and
didn't even get arrested for.

As a result I would like to encourage the iwar group to consider what
techniques are in play that would cause the national and local media to
emphasize whatever they are emphasizing over things like domestic
terrorism and traitors in the White House and to discuss them on the
list.

FC
-- This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to serve --
Fred Cohen - http://all.net/ - fc@all.net - fc@unhca.com - tel/fax: 925-454-0171
Fred Cohen & Associates - University of New Haven - Security Posture

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/kgFolB/TM