[iwar] Re: A collection of items that have fallen from the public view?

From: <DrewSchaefer@ftnetwork.com>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 02:07:52 PST

Fred,

I think you're on a good subject.

I've been reading a bit about Fascism, and believe we
may witness in the US now, if not 'fascism' as a classic
alliance between Business and Government, at least
'Corporate Media Fascism': or as commonly referred to
on many Dem sites as the 'Good Puppy Press' that basks
at GW's feet, and eagerly follows any bone (read: statement)
that comes out of the hands of their master(s).

So in summary, your point about the Valerie Plame case holds:
it doesn't serve the press' true motives (profits: which can
be in the form of sales, or acquisitions of media outlets
through relaxed FCC media ownership policies, which the Huge
corporations obviously support overtly, and 'covertly' by
not pushing against White House acts and statements) to follow
that story.

I read (and found at home a paper copy) about one man, a former
US government 'spy satellite photo analysis expert', who'd been
recorded as seeing, in Iraq, visual night evidence of what
apparently (again, to him as expert) was a massive nighttime
construction of a pipeline from IRAQ into (or From?) Kuwait.

Theories expressed in conjuction with that, were that the US
government may prefer piping crude out of Iraq (theft or a
safer location for legitimate refining?).

HAven't ever seen any follow up to that, and am mindful of the
'scandal' of Halliburton's exhorbitent prices for 'shipping'
oil into Iraq, that surfaced between two and one month's ago.

Excuse the long note, and lack of URL, I can bring it tomorrow
or Friday, to catch up to this.

Cheers,
drew

At 11:42 AM 12/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:
[snip]
>As I have been thinking about it, there seem to be many items such as
>this that are being strategically ignored by the media - at least in the
>US. Now I don't imagine that this is a conspiracy or anything like
>that, but I thought it might be a good idea to make a little colleciton
>of all the things that should be viewed as major stories but that are
>being pushed off the front page by ... according to my local newspaper
>... "Texas govern'd by Peoples' Will" and "Remembering Pearl Harbor"
>and some sports items. The national news talks about the chaplain that
>is being tried for crimes that John Deutche (remember - he took
>classified home on his laptop a few years back?) actually committed and
>didn't even get arrested for.
[snip]

Drew Schaefer, JD
ruelle des Galeries, 9
CH-1248 Suisse
Phone on request

"Avoid all needle drugs - the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon."
Abby Hoffman

Visit the web site of the Financial Times at http://www.ft.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/kgFolB/TM