All pages of links are subject to link rot. There is no guarantee that the documents referenced in this page will be around for long. Quite a few documents previously referenced have now disappeared. If you find anything of particular interest then it is recommended that you save it to disk.
BTW have you noticed that Yahoo's page of CIA links consists entirely of government websites, mostly the CIA's (with the exception of one, which claims not to be company ha! ha!). Curious. Well, here you'll find lots of links, most of which Yahoo seems to believe its users should not know about.
For years we have tried to stop the abuses and usurpations by all legal means: elections, demonstrations, legislation, and litigation. 10 years ago, 355 people were arrested blocking CIA headquarters in Langley (NYT 4/28/87). The CIA criminals and their protectors are immune and all powerful. They are part of the largest industry in the world: drugs, which has a stranglehold on the economy, on civil society and on the body politic. Now is the time for people of conscience to commit their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to free humanity from the greatest form of slavery ever devised in the history of mankind.
The "Dark Alliance" Series
- Gary Webb: Dark Alliance: The Story behind the Crack Explosion [link expired]
'CRACK' PLAGUE'S ROOTS ARE IN NICARAGUA WAR
COLOMBIA-BAY AREA DRUG PIPELINE HELPED FINANCE CIA-BACKED CONTRAS
'80S EFFORT TO ASSIST GUERRILLAS LEFT LEGACY OF DRUGS, GANGS IN BLACK L.A.
For the better part of a decade, a Bay Area drug ring sold tons of cocaine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a Mercury News investigation has found.
This drug network opened the first pipeline between Colombia's cocaine cartels and the black neighborhoods of Los Angeles, a city now known as the "crack" capital of the world. The cocaine that flooded in helped spark ...
Gary Webb's article, published 1996-08-18 in the San Jose Mercury News, used to be freely available on that newspaper's web site. No longer. The paper will, however, generously let you have a copy for $1.95 (you can find it by searching their archives).
- Update June 1997: What the Gary Webb Corrections Mean
- Georg Hodel: Hung Out to Dry: 'Dark Alliance' Series Dies
"Dark Alliance" built upon more than a decade of evidence amassed by journalists, congressional investigators and agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration who found numerous connections between the contras and drug traffickers. Some of that evidence was compiled in a Senate report issued in 1989. Other pieces came out during the Iran-contra scandal and still more during the drug-trafficking trial of Panamanian Gen. Manuel Noriega in 1991.
But the contras were always defended by the Reagan-Bush administrations which saw the guerrillas as a necessary geo-political counterweight to the leftist Sandinista government that ruled Nicaragua in the 1980s. With a few exceptions, the mainstream media joined the White House in protecting the contras -- and the CIA -- on the drug-trafficking evidence.
... What's especially troubling about this new "Dark Alliance" tale is that the investigative spotlight was turned off not by the government, but by the national news media.
- The CIA announces: "We're clean!" Editorial: More Questions -- CIA Probe
Officially, the CIA investigators say they found zero evidence to support the allegations raised in a controversial three-part series published in 1996 in the San Jose Mercury News.
- National 'Clear Yourself' Day Announced!
- Black Leaders Are Not Swayed
- CIA Admits Tolerating Contra-Cocaine Trafficking in 1980s
More on the CIA and Drugs
- William Blum: The CIA, Contras, Gangs, and Crack
- Michael C. Ruppert's From the Wilderness Publications,
including C.I.A. & DRUGS FACT SHEET
- Rodney Stich's FORTY-FIVE YEARS OF CIA DRUG TRAFFICKING
This site reveals:
- The specifics of the extensive corruption in the Central Intelligence Agency, and the harm inflicted upon millions of innocent people in the United States and overseas.
- The broad extent of the coverups, disinformation, and obstruction of justice by virtually every government check and balance, and most of the broadcast and print media.
- The true heroes in America (no, not the ball players or OJ!), and how they suffered for exercising courage and responsibilities so tragically absent in the general population.
- America's "political" prisoners, including agents and operatives of the FBI, DEA, INS, and CIA, and concerned citizens, who are victims of retaliation and who suffer great financial and personal harm, for daring to expose CIA and other government corruption.
- The grave harm inflicted upon innocent people, a part of the escalating corruption inflicted upon innocent Americans.
- How to think and speak like an expert on the complex web of intrigue known only to a selected few insiders.
- The knowledge needed to protect yourself and to minimize the personal, physical and financial harm that are being inflicted upon Americans throughout the United States.
- The truth about the drugging of America and the phony drug war, from government agents who either discovered the drug trafficking, or were part of it .
- The felony coverups by one of the most corrupt of all federal agencies, the U.S. Department of Justice and its various divisions.
- Examples of how federal judges, and even the Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, are criminally involved in coverups, obstruction of justice, retaliating against government agents and citizens who seek to report the corruption that they discovered.
- The significance of these conditions upon the United States, its government institutions, the American people, and you.
- John Ashton: US Government Still on Ropes Over Lockerbie (Also here.)
In return for the Syrians using their influence to free the remaining American hostages, the CIA helped them to safely transport their heroin on transatlantic flights.
- Confessions of an Amerikan LSD Eater
This covert government involvement in drug trafficking was designed to serve a dual political purpose. On the international level, it provides financial support for covert military operations in the Third World, in furtherance of the strategy of "low intensity warfare" in support of U.S.-based multinational corporations.
Domestically, the proliferation of debilitating drugs is used to destabilize the oppressed populations of the inner cities, to counteract potentially revolutionary tendencies, and to provide a pretext for the militarization of domestic law enforcement and the erosion of traditionally protected civil liberties, bringing us a step closer to the monolithic police state that the corporate oligarchs have planned for America and the "new world order."
- Dangerous Allies: U.S. Helps Mexico's Army Take Big Anti-Drug Role
- C.I.A., Crack, the Media - an editorial from The Nation magazine.
In defending the story many months ago, however, Ceppos insisted that "the key finding of the series that people associated with the C.I.A. also sold many tons of cocaine has not been challenged." It still hasn't.
- CRACK the CIA!!!!
The CIA was ostensibly formed to gather intelligence about enemies who posed a threat to the American people. In reality, it has been an enemy of the American people.
- Michael C. Ruppert: Fifty Years of the CIA Dealing Drugs to Americans
- Cocaine Import Agency
This web site is a valuable source of information concerning the "war on drugs" as a strategy of "disciplinary social control", with particular attention to the involvement of the CIA in the importing of cocaine and its distribution in urban America.
- Anti-Corruption Foundation, Inc.
The CIA has to be intimately familiar with all facets of the international drug trade. In fact, many knowledgeable observers say that the CIA itself is a major mover in the drug smuggling business.
- The Contras, Cocaine, and Covert Operations
National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 2, including:
- Documentation of Official U.S. Knowledge of Drug Trafficking and the Contras
- Evidence that NSC Staff Supported Using Drug Money to Fund the Contras
- U.S. Officials and Major Traffickers:
- Testimony of Fabio Ernesto Carrasco, 6 April 1990
- National Security Archive Analysis and Publications
- DE-CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
It was a human folly for the UNITED STATES to empower an agency of government that could specifically break its own laws. The CIA and the Constitution then became mortal enemies until the day that one totally destroys the other.
- Deirdre Griswold: 'White lies' about the drug war in Colombia
- Leading Edge International Research Group
- MENA/IRAN-CONTRA - Starr Investigation Targets Law Enforcement Complicity
The CIA, MKULTRA and Timothy Leary
- LSD and the CIA
- MKULTRA: The CIA and LSD
[link expired but see Parascope's web site]
For many Americans, the 1950s were a docile decade. ... But for the CIA, the I Like Ike years were packed with adventure and action, much of it conducted outside of the public's view. And few programs were sheltered with more secrecy than the Agency's mind control experiments, identified together with the code-name MKULTRA. This report provides a documented overview of the CIA's controversial mind control and behavior modification experiments.
- John Marks: The Search for the Manchurian Candidate, Chapter 4: LSD
As a 1963 [CIA] Inspector General's report stated, "Research in the manipulation of human behavior is considered by many authorities in medicine and related fields to be professionally unethical"; therefore, openness would put "in jeopardy" the reputations of the outside researchers. Moreover, the CIA Inspector General declared that disclosure of certain MKULTRA activities could result in "serious adverse reaction" among the American public.
- W. H. Bowart: Timothy Leary and the CIA [link expired]
And what about Leary's own statement's that he wittingly followed the directions of the CIA in the 1960's? When former CIA Director, Admiral Stansfield Turner was asked whether or not the CIA supported Timothy Leary or gave Leary LSD, he replied only, "The CIA gave it to those who were doing the research."
- Mark Riebling: Tinker, Tailor, Stoner, SpyWas Timothy Leary a CIA Agent? Was JFK the "Manchurian Candidate"? Was the Sixties Revolution Really a Government Plot?
- Project Open Mind
1964 MKULTRA became MKSEARCH. Many sub-projects stayed under MKULTRA while the most sensitive behavioral experiments went to MKSEARCH. These experiments were conducted on prisoners, terminal cancer patients and people who were described as mental "defectives."
- ACID DREAMS The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond
- FBI AND MEDIA KICK A MAN WHILE HE’S DEAD: An Open Letter from the Friends of Timothy Leary
- More about Timothy Leary from www.disinfo.com.
- Monarch Mind Control Programming [site expired]
... a subsection of the CIA's Operation Artichoke which is also known as Project MK Ultra ... [involving] the sophisticated manipulation of the child's mind to protect itself from extreme trauma by creating Multiple Personality Disorder.
- Cathy O'Brien: Sex, Lies and Mind Control
- Martin Cannon: Project Monarch: The Tangled Web
- Ron Patton: Project Monarch Nazi Mind Control
- THE CONSTANTINE REPORT No. 1
"Remote Viewing" at Stanford Research Institute or Illicit CIA Mind Control Experimentation?
- Monarch Programming
One of the best kept secrets in history is the Monarch Mind-control programming which uses trauma-based mind control along with state of the art mind control to create humans who are totally controlled by a handler without even knowing that they are controlled.
- CULT AND RITUAL ABUSE, MIND CONTROL AND DISSOCIATION
- Jon Rappoport: CIA Experiments with Mind Control on Children
CIABASECIABASE is database compiled by former CIA analyst Ralph McGehee.
... a computer data base on the Central Intelligence Agency that provides a vital, easy-to-use historical resource for policy makers, academicians, journalists, and students.
This site also has reports by Ralph McGehee:
- The CIA Past, Present and Future
- The CIA, Past, Present and Future, Part II
- The Crisis of Democracy
- Congress Attacks the CIA
In the first we read:
... the CIA is a policy-implementing agency not (primarily) an intelligence agency -- the CIA gathers desired data from selected agents to reinforce predetermined conclusions. In most situations it avoids overt information like the plague because such information frequently disproves the conclusions it wants you and I and itself to believe.
- Operation Paperclip casefile
When the JIOA formed to investigate the backgrounds and form dossiers on the Nazis, the Nazi Intelligence leader Reinhard Gehlen met with the CIA director Allen Dulles. Dulles and Gehlen hit it off immediately. Gehlen was a master spy for the Nazis and had infilitrated Russia with his vast Nazi Intelligence network. Dulles promised Gehlen that his Intelligence unit was safe in the CIA.
- Cheddi Jagan, Michael Manley and the history of U.S. Intervention in the Caribbean
- The CIA Fights For The Right To Violate Human Rights
- The Center for the Study of Intelligence (link anonymized) is a department of the CIA. As customary for a department of the U.S. government they publish by the ton. Some interesting documents may be found at Studies in Intelligence (link anonymized).
- Any connection between the CIA and UFOs?
See CIA's Role in the Study of UFOs, 1947-90 (link anonymized)
See also The Psychology of Dreamland
A CIA panel convened in early 1953 had concluded that the continued reporting of UFOs by the American media posed a threat to national security for various reasons. The "Robertson Panel," as it is now known, recommended that the continued reporting of UFOs should be actively discouraged through a covertly exercised mass-media program of "training and debunking."
- The Hocking Files with CIA PROFILING SYSTEM TO BE UPGRADED
- Document implies U.S. role in death of journalist in Chile
U.S. intelligence may have played an "unfortunate part" in the death of an American journalist at the hands of Chilean security forces in the days following a 1973 military coup in Chile, according to a declassified State Department document released today ... [which] relates to the killing of freelance journalist Charles Horman. He was apprehended at his home about a week after the Sept. 11, 1973, coup and transported to a stadium where suspected leftists were harbored in the chaotic aftermath of the coup that landed Pinochet in power. The document said that at best, the U.S. intelligence community's role in Horman's death "was limited to providing or confirming information that helped motivate his murder by the government of Chile."
- CIA sets up venture capital firm [In-Q-It] in Silicon Valley
- Happy Birthday, CIA
- Trust Us, We're Spies
- Alex Constantine: Tales from the Crypt
The Depraved Spies and Moguls of the CIA's Operation MOCKINGBIRD
- Intelligence Services Unaccountable and Out of Control?
- Chip Tatum's BlackOps Reporter
This site has disappeared. Who was afraid of the information it revealed?
- Guatemala: Terrorism, Murder, and Jennifer Harbury
- Jennifer Harbury / Efrain Bamaca
. . . a Harvard-educated lawyer whose three-year quest to find her Guatemalan husband has revealed high-level involvement between the CIA and the Guatemalan military in his capture, torture, and murder.
- Vladislav M. Zubok: Spy vs. Spy: The KGB vs. the CIA
- Russ W. Baker: CIA: OUT OF CONTROL
- AFFIDAVIT OF Robert M. Hayes: John Hull--Simple Rancher or U.S. Government Terrorist?
Question: If the U.S. government can bomb U.S. consulates abroad to "simulate terrorism", what might it have done with respect to the Murrah Federal Building?
- Ben C. Vidgen: A State of Terror
The Center for International Affairs ... [attempted] to promote the perception that the Soviet Union lay behind all incidents of international terrorism. Their prestige and influence was so great that when the CIA's own analysts could not find verifiable proof of a Soviet terrorist conspiracy, the CIA director, William Casey, chose to rely on the information of journalist Claire Sterling in her book, The Terror Network. "Read Claire Sterling's book and forget this mush. I paid $13.95 for this and it told me more than you bastards whom I pay $50,000 a year," responded Casey in fury. The irony was that Claire Sterling's book had used material that was in fact part of a CIA propaganda scheme.
- Central Intelligence Agency
A web site with much information about the CIA, maintained by the Federation of American Scientists: History, Organization and Functions, Budget, Staff, Facilities, Products, Future Directions and links to related sites.
- Chip Berlet & Linda Lotz: Reading List on Intelligence Agencies and Political Repression
Information about the activities of the CIA is available for anyone who wants to know. Here are pointers to lots of reading material for those who wish to be informed. (Another site with this list.)
- Real History Archives
This site is designed to provide researchers [with] links and leads to finding real information about what our true history is, based on new but assuredly unpopular information.
- US Government Torture
- Jeffrey Steinberg: George Bush: Crack Kingpin of the 1980s
Former President George Bush, while serving as vice president in the Ronald Reagan administration in 1981-89, presided over a Nicaraguan Contra apparatus that was responsible for flooding the streets of Los Angeles' South Central district with crack cocaine, and fueling a murderous cycle of gang violence.
- Daniel Brandt: Philanthropists at War
- Gary Wilson: Who's the KLA? German Document Reveals Secret CIA Role
- IntelWeb An online resource covering public and private intelligence agencies and organizations around the world.
- Thirteen Techniques for Truth Suppression
- The CIA and the Garrison Investigation
- Prevailing Winds Research
- 1958: The First CIA Attempt, Chapter 2 of Deirdre Griswold's
Indonesia 1965: The Second Greatest Crime of the Century
|Audiotapes, Videos, Books and Articles|
|The CIA||The Drug War||Human Rights||Serendipity Home Page|