Fred Cohen &Associates
Specializing in Information Protection Since 1977
Resume for Fred Cohen
- Ph.D. Elec. Eng. - University of Southern California, 1986
- M.S. Info Sci. - University of Pittsburgh, 1980
- B.S. Elec. Eng. - Carnegie-Mellon University, 1977
Recent Positions (* current roles):
- * President, California Sciences Institute, 11/07 - present
- * CEO, Fred Cohen & Associates, 03/86-present
- * Community Faculty Member, Metropolitan State University, 04/08-present
- Adjunct Professor, University of San Francisco, 08/07-08/08
- Research Professor, University of New Haven, 09/02-08/08
- Chairman, Security Posture, 10/02-09/06
- Principal Analyst, Burton Group, 4/03-4/06
- Principal Member of Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories, 10/97-11/02
- Chief Computer Forensic Scientist/Investigator, TAL Global, 09/01-11/02
- Senior Member Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories, 7/96-9/97
- Practitioner in Residence, University of New Haven, 06/98-09/02
- Senior Scientist, SAIC, Inc., 7/93-6/95
- Chairman, AllThings Incorporated, 1/95-1/96
- Board Member, AllThings Incorporated, 6/94-1/96
- Professor, Queensland University of Technology (visiting), 7/92-12/92
- President, The Radon Project, Inc. 3/87-10/89
- Asst. Professor, University of Cincinnati, 9/87-12/88
- Asst. Professor, Lehigh University, 1/86-8/87
- Lecturer, Lehigh University, 1/85-12/85
- 2005-present, ``Journal in Computer Virology''
- 2000-present, ``Journal on Computer Crime''
- 1995-present, ``Network Security Magazine''
- 1987-present, IFIP TC-11 Journal ``Computers and Security''
- 1990-1993, ACM/SigSAC Annual Student Paper Review Board
- 1989-1991, DPMA, IEEE, and ACM ``Computer Virus and Security Conference''
- 1989-1991, ``Computer Virus Bulletin''
Honors and Awards:
- 2004: Burton Broup Best Award
- 2002: Sandia Certificate of Appreciation (CCD Program)
- 2002: Techno-Security Industry Professional of the Year
- 2001: Sandia Employee Recognition Award (College Cyber Defenders)
- 2000: Sandia Meritorious Achievement Award (Security Immersion Program)
- 2000: Sandia Award for Excellence (Cyber Security / Surety)
- 1999: Sandia Exceptional Service Award (Security Awareness Work)
- 1998: Sandia Exceptional Service Award (Red Team Work)
- 1989: IT Auditors: Information Technology Award
Other Leadership Roles:
- Board of Directors - Security Posture, Inc.
- Advisory Board, Co-Chair - Information Security Awareness Week.
- Technical Advisory Board - CS3 Inc.
- Computer Science Advisory Board - Cal State Hayward