RE: [iwar] Chinese IW-one more thought

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-07-26 22:46:32

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [iwar] Chinese IW-one more thought

You are quite right about China.  The "Middle Kingdom" ,or the center
of all things as the see themselves, most Americans simply do not
understand there way of thinking.  At the level of President, from
Nixon through Clinton, the same errors have been repeated over and over
again. It is an interesting situation, albeit damaging to the US.

During the Cold War, we tried to play the "China Card" off of Russia.
While it has positive effects, for example, during the Carter Admin. we
went too far. As soon as Russia invaded Afganistan, we sold them Tow
anit-tank missiles and many other weapons. Even more damaging was our
sale of computers to them. We trained most of their best engineers who
are now using hardware they have improved in cyber fights against us,
other nations and sub-national actors.  There is a high national
security cost associated with training China's IWAR leaders yet we fail
to recognize it.
 Our country needs to learn that the short term notion of why using the
policy  that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" never lasts and
eventually comes back in our face.  While Russia is still a problem, it
economic fraility limits what they can do in a strategic sense in the
IWAR world.
\

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Small business owners...