[iwar] [fc:HizbAllah.blames.the.US.for.the.acts.of.terror]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-17 15:43:04

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:43:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:HizbAllah.blames.the.US.for.the.acts.of.terror]

[Note: Fadlullah is the spiritual leader of HoizbAllah and the most
important Shiite cleric in the region.]

        The In the Name of God, The Compassionate the Merciful
Ayatullah Al- Ozma H.E. M. H. Fadlullah delivered the following Friday
khotba (at the Imamain Al-Hassanain Mosque) JumadiII 26, 1422h
September 14, 2001 (Several prominent religious scholars, dignitaries
and thousands of believers attended the Jumu’a prayer).

                          The First Khotba

In the Name of God, The Compassionate, the MercifulWorshippers of Allah (SWT)….

Be pious.  Confront the arrogant and support the deprived and the
weakened, especially as we live in a very difficult situation, waiting
for the arrogant who is planning to retaliate, having lost their pride
and sense of superiority.

America at “War”

The biggest event this week is the attack on the American vital symbols
and centers in the fields of economy, defense and politics which made
America live in a state of weightlessness following the new kind of
suicidal operations, American officials said that this means that
terrorism has waged a war against America.  NATO followed suit and said
that this is war against all Europe, while Israel took advantage of the
opportunity to declare that Israel too is targeted by ”Islamic
terrorism”… The world is still shaking with more accusations to the
Arabs and Muslims being broadcasted in the Media, with many American
Muslims being harassed as a result .

We have issued a communiqué in which I condemned these operations that
are not justified whether by religion or the mind, regardless of who
performed them.  Yet the question is:

Will America study the motives and reasons that lead to such acts so as
to review its policies towards the oppressed nations especially the
Palestinians… the policies of oppression and plunder that lead to the
haltered of the third world nations.

Is America serious in its war against terrorism? And if it is what about
the terrorism of the Zionist entity that is eradicating a whole nation,
having occupied its land.

The Zionist entity is chasing the Palestinian people in all its villages
town and cities in a systematic operation of organized killing by means
of the most modern American arms.

Nevertheless, the Americans declared that the Zionists did not violate
the laws of using imported American weapons, the fact that the Israeli
Army is attacking one Palestinian city after another to kill its
civilians, destroy its buildings and uprooting its trees,
notwithstanding.

The American response to all that was asking the victim not to resort to
violence in a logic that trades places between the victim and the
murderer.

We believe that America’s policies are responsible for these terrorist
reactions, since political, military and economic oppression, as well as
the commitment to the Israeli security at the expense of that of the
Arabs, will lead to various reactions against the Arrogant powers, and
turn the world into a chaotic place especially as the despair will
explode in a mad way in more than one direction.

The problem lies in the fact that the arrogant deals with the regimes it
made to protect its interests.  It does not deal with the oppressed
nations to listen to their cries and grievances.

Such an attitude is bound to lead to terrorist acts.  But we should not
forget to differentiate between these acts and the liberation movement
against occupation.

We feel sorry and sad for all the innocent civilians who died in the
planes and the World Trade Center, but we have to be cautious so as to
be aware of the Arrogant political and military plans to hit a certain
target and hold responsible for the attack in order to regain its pride
and prestige, whether or not those who are targeted are responsible for
the attack, because America and the West intend to take advantage of the
situation to implement their policies of aggression against the weakened
in the Third world.

Israel Takes Advantage

We should also not forget the Israeli exploitation of the world’s
preoccupation with what is going on in America to wage a barbaric
assault against the Palestinians in an attempt to stop the Intifada… The
Arab and Muslim peoples should keep the support of the Intifada as their
first priority and pressurize their regimes so as not to yield under the
arrogant pressures to put an end to the Palestinian uprising.

Lebanon Is still under Threat.

In Lebanon the officials and all Lebanese citizens of all sects should
keep an eye on our borders with Palestine, to monitor the Israeli
movements in anticipation of any Israeli aggression They should also
freeze all their side differences and fiery statements so as we would be
able to hinder any attempt to incite internal strife.  We should also
know that the Americans may target many a region in the middle East,
therefore we should try not to make our beloved country as wood for
their fie.  The upcoming stage will witness several security
developments and new political alliances, as the Arrogant states will
pressure the small states to join them… We ought to know where we stand
and where to set foot in this new political land that exploits the
slogan of war against terrorism to wage a war against the weakened
peoples and the third world.

Get VeriSign's FREE GUIDE: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Learn about using SSL for serious online security. Click Here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LgMkJD/I56CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM