[iwar] [fc:Bin.Laden.urges.Pakistan's.Muslims.to.fight.'American.crusade']

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-25 04:47:54

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 04:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Bin.Laden.urges.Pakistan's.Muslims.to.fight.'American.crusade']

 Bin Laden urges Pakistan's Muslims to fight 'American crusade'
AP
Sept. 24, 01
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates

- Osama bin Laden, the prime U.S.  suspect in the Sept.  11 terror
attacks, has called on Pakistan's Muslims to fight "the American
crusade." "I announce to you, our beloved brothers, that we are
steadfast on the path of jihad (holy war) with the heroic, faithful
Afghan people, under the leadership of Mullah Mohammed Omar," said a
statement provided to Qatar's Al-Jazeera satellite channel Monday.  The
statement was signed by bin Laden and dated Sunday.

Bin Laden, believed in hiding in Afghanistan, often communicates with
the outside world through Al-Jazeera, known among Arabs for its wide
reach and its independent and aggressive editorial policies.

In the statement broadcast by Al-Jazeera on Monday, bin Laden said he
was informed that some "of our Muslim brothers in Karachi (Pakistan)
were killed while expressing their opposition to the aggression of the
American crusade forces and their allies on Muslim lands in Pakistan and
Afghanistan." Bin Laden said he was praying to God that they would be
accepted as martyrs and "their children are my children and I will be
their caretaker." "We hope that they are the first martyrs in Islam's
battle in this era against the new crusade and Jewish campaign led by
the big crusader Bush under the flag of the cross."

Demonstrations have been held in the Pakistani cities of Karachi,
Peshawar and Quetta by Pakistanis who view bin Laden as an Islamic hero.
Bin Laden said he was calling on all Muslims in Pakistan to use all they
possess and all their effort to stop American troops from going into
Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Since the terror attacks on New York and Washington, bin Laden has twice
denied involvement.  The United States has said it will produce evidence
implicating him in the Sept.  11 attacks, which toppled the World Trade
Center towers and part of the Pentagon and left more than 6,000 people
dead or missing.

Washington has warned Afghanistan's Taliban government and their leader,
Mullah Mohammed Omar, to hand over bin Laden and his lieutenants, among
other demands, or suffer the consequences.  The United States has been
building up its military presence in the region.

Afghanistan's Taliban leadership claimed Sunday it has been unable to
find the alleged terrorist mastermind and advise him of a recommendation
to leave the country.

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XrFcOC/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM