[iwar] [fc:Text:.Osama.bin.Laden]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-07 18:25:26

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Text:.Osama.bin.Laden]

Text: Osama bin Laden

eMediaMillWorks
Sunday, October 7, 2001

Following is the transcript of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in a
taped statement that aired on Al-Jazeera, the Arabic satellite station,
and appears to have been recorded before the U.S.  strikes.

(JOINED IN PROGRESS)

BIN LADEN (through translator): Let the whole world know that we shall
never accept that the tragedy of Andalucia (ph) would be repeated in
Palestine.  We cannot accept that Palestine will become Jewish.

And with regard to you, Muslims, this is the day of question.  This is a
new (inaudible) against you, all against the Muslims and Medina.  So be
like the followers of the prophet, peace be upon him, and all countrymen
(ph), lovers of God and the prophet within, and a new battle, great
battle, similar to the great battles of Islam, like the conqueror of
Jerusalem.  So, hurry up to the dignity of life and the eternity of
death.

Thanks to God, he who God guides will never lose.  And I believe that
there's only one God.  And I declare I believe there's no prophet but
Mohammed.

This is America, God has sent one of the attacks by God and has attacked
one of its best buildings.  And this is America filled with fear from
the north, south, east and west, thank God.

And what America is facing today is something very little of what we
have tasted for decades.  Our nation, since nearly 80 years is tasting
this humility.  Sons are killed, and nobody answers the call.

And when God has guided a bunch of Muslims to be at the forefront and
destroyed America, a big destruction, I wish God would lift their
position.

And when those people have defended and retaliated to what their
brothers and sisters have suffered in Palestine and Lebanon, the whole
world has been shouting.

And there are civilians, innocent children being killed every day in
Iraq without any guilt, and we never hear anybody.  We never hear any
(inaudible) from the clergymen of the government.

And every day we see the Israeli tanks going to Jeanine (ph), Ramallah,
Beit Jalla and other lands of Islam.  And, no, we never hear anybody
objecting to that.

So when the swords came after eight years to America, then the whole
world has been crying for those criminals who attacked.  This is the
least which could be said about them.  They are people.  They supported
the murder against the victim, so God has given them back what they
deserve.

I say the matter is very clear, so every Muslim after this, and after
the officials in America, starting with the head of the infidels, Bush.
And they came out with their men and equipment and they even encouraged
even countries claiming to be Muslims against us.  So, we run with our
religion.  They came out to fight Islam with the name of fighting
terrorism.

People--event of the world--in Japan, hundreds of thousands of people
got killed.  This is not a war crime.  Or in Iraq, what our--who are
being killed in Iraq.  This is not a crime.  And those, when they were
attacked in my Nairobi, and Dar Es Salaam, Afghanistan, and Sudan were
attacked.

I say these events have split the whole world into two camps: the camp
of belief and the disbelief.  So every Muslim shall take--shall support
his religion.

And now with the winds of change has blown up now, has come to the
Arabian Peninsula.

And to America, I stay to it and to its people this: I swear by God the
Great, America will never dream nor those who live in America will never
taste security and safety unless we feel security and safety in our land
and in Palestine.

© 2001 The Washington Post Company

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM