RE: [iwar] [fc:House.panel.bravely.thwarts.terrorists-.by.banning .Net-gambling]

From: Leo, Ross (Ross.Leo@csoconline.com)
Date: 2001-10-15 12:19:30

To: "'iwar@yahoogroups.com'" <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Leo, Ross" <Ross.Leo@csoconline.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:19:30 -0500
Subject: RE: [iwar] [fc:House.panel.bravely.thwarts.terrorists-.by.banning .Net-gambling]

Nothing new here, eh?

It is an established fact that those, like OBL, who do these things, like
OBL and his ilk, are adept at justifying what they do and how they raise the
funds to support their activities:  it is for God or Allah (or whatever the
group's name for their deity is).  IT doesn't matter if it is gambling,
drugs, arms sales, or any other of a host of questionable means - anything
can be justified in the name of [insert deity name here].  Every religious
group since Time began has done this time and again.  It boils down to
"since the non-believers are infidels, the great unsaved masses (or
whatever), they don't count, and anything you do to them, or anything you do
to support your fight against them is okay with God".  (Must be nice to have
a direct line to God's office...)

None of the major religions of the world support (and in fact deny) such
fallacious thinking, when looked at in each one's entirety.  Those who have
done this take some part out of context that supports their particular
warped view, and uses it like a club.  OBL  & Co. is doing the very same
thing now - Islamic scholars have said as much, and denounced the way he has
perverted their faith to support his personal militaristic cause.