Re: [iwar] [fc:teve.Emerson.is.a."Jewish.Fanatic".(Propaganda.countering.his.repor ting)]

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-10-16 20:29:06

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:29:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar]  [fc:teve.Emerson.is.a."Jewish.Fanatic".(Propaganda.countering.his.repor ting)]

As strickly an observer to this "discussion" might I mention that
regardless of who is talking, we all have agendas. While Steve Emerson
drives a powerful personal agenda, we should try to remove from
consideration bias as it gets in the way of improving America's
relationship with all nations, profesionally. The press has, for a long
time, attempted to influence policy making and it is filled with peril
as CNN and others are now global.  We all live in a tough neighborhoor
as of 11 Sept, and anyone who has the ability to try and improve
things-esentially try to seek and gain more friends in the Muslim world
would do us all a great favor.
America has strongly allied with Isreal for years and it has hurt us
badly in the arab world and with Islam worldwide.  It is high time that
we try to find a balance which does not harm Isreal, but also seeks
inroads in both the arab world and with Islamic nations.
We are making no friends with our military efforts in afganistan. While
it was necessary post 11 Sept, if we had developed Muslim friends that
would stand strongly by us and not play us against the Taliban-i.e.
Pakistan- America might be the nation we all knew prior to 11 Sept.
Sadly, it is not and I lost 3 friends in the Pentagon attack. I think
that U.S. policy toward the arab and Islamic world has to be more even
handed. Both nations and subnational actors  who would claim they are
fighting for Islam when their attacks are stepped in false prophesy as
both Bin Laden and the Taliban are problematic. But, if we had made
strong friend in the Islamic world, they may be fighting by our side
today. Now, our foreign policy must be aimed at developing such
alliances, or terrorism will be with us indefinatey.   I don't want to
worry about the loss of more life when this entire problem might have
never sprung upon us had our foreign policy had geostrategic(long
range) thinking as its underpinnings.
Terrorists might already have cyber infrastructure as a potential
target. We have no choice but to fight as a nation, however, be it a
journalist,  government policy maker, or US military, the physicians
rule of "first, do no harm" should be an operating principle for us
all.

--- Tony Bartoletti <azb@llnl.gov> wrote:
> Who knows what Steve Emerson's affiliations are?  More to the point,
> he's just
> been wrong too many times to be considered reliable.  The way he's
> been wrong
> does indicate a certain bias, which needs to be considered with -any-
> source.
> MW
>
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Fred Cohen wrote:
>
>  > [MK Note: The desperation of those attempting to white wash
> terrorism
>  > is clearly displayed by this ad hominum attack on Steve Emerson.
> Steve
>  > is a good investigative journalist whose views are disturbing to
>  > Islamic apologists due to his truthful and insightful contents.
>  > Radical Islamic groups such as CAIR has attempted unsuccessfully
> for
>  > many years to silence him with false and misleading statements. ]
>  >                      [AsharqAlawsatOct16,01.jpg]
>  >
>  >                       Tuesday, October 16, 2001
>  >               Steven Emerson out to wreck Arab-US ties
>  >        By Jamal Khashoggi, Asharq Alawsat, Jedda, Saudi Arabia
>  >
>  >  JEDDAH, 16 October — If the American administration has indeed
> given
>  > Steven Emerson the authority to identify terrorists and their
>  > supporters in Arab countries, there can be no doubt that it will
>  > worsen relations between the United States and the Arab and
> Islamic
>  > world.
>  > The man is a Jewish fanatic. He does nothing to hide either his
> enmity
>  > toward Muslims or his anti-Islam smear campaign. He is the type of
>  > man who coolly tells people who know nothing about Islam that
> "Muslims
>  > wear a red headcover because they have a bloody mentality."
>  > He told this to the American media when he produced a documentary
> on
>  > "Jihad in America," which was transmitted and financed by a
> cultural
>  > station supported by the US government and funded by donations,
> not
>  > advertising. The program drew strong protest from Muslims both
> within
>  > and outside the United States for its totally negative portrayal
> of
>  > Islam and Muslims, without limiting the criticism to his alleged
>  > culprits.
>  > Emerson’s credibility was questioned soon after the Oklahoma
> bombing,
>  > as he appeared on television to say that Muslims were behind it.
> He
>  > was giving details of the crime at a time when the investigations
> were
>  > in the initial stages. The whole hue and cry against Muslims
> suddenly
> [...]

http://personals.yahoo.com

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM