[iwar] [fc:You.negotiate.with.your.enemies.with.your.knee.on.his.chest.and.your.knife.at.his.throat.]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-18 22:20:28

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:You.negotiate.with.your.enemies.with.your.knee.on.his.chest.and.your.knife.at.his.throat.]

My American Perspective.

"You negotiate with your enemies with your knee on his chest and your knife at his throat."

On 12 Sept., I came home from work at O'Hare Airport and watched my
son's freshman high school soccer team play a game on a beautiful sun
drenched day.  Most of the talk on the sidelines by the parents and fans
all centered around the events of the day prior.  I couldn't help but
imagine what the future would hold for my son and his teammates.

I am rabidly convinced that this is the greatest country in the history
of the planet! That said, my confidence in our country, my President,
and our Congress to move us through this crisis is UNSWERVING.  Our
country has faced many challenges in its history and our ability to face
the future is unprecedented.  A quick trip down memory lane for those of
you who slept through High School history:

* 1812 The British burned down the entire capitol of Washington D.C.a
couple of years later we send them packing back across the Atlantic.
They've been our greatest friend ever since.

*Civil War Everybody remembers part of that one.  Our country rebounds
with unprecedented growth in all measurable areas after a time when our
nation s survival was truly in doubt.

*WWII At this time TWO evil empires, matched us in all areas of power:
military, economic, political and even industrial and controlled both
the continents of Europe and Asia.  It only took us about 3 1/2 years
after we seized the initiative before they were BEGGING us to quit.  As
in, we'll sign anything, just make it stop.

Think about it, when has this country not achieved what it set out to do
once it set its mind to it?

There are many of my fellow citizens and coworkers who are worried about
retaliation from the terrorists when the U.S.  goes on the offensive.
Guess what? Giving peace a chance just has not worked with these people
for the last 20 some years.

1979  U.S. Embassy in Tehran
1983  U.S. Marine barracks in Lebanon
1988  Pan Am flight 103 blown up over Scotland
1988  U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania destroyed
1996  Kobhar Towers in Saudi Arabia blown up by car bomb
2000  USS Cole attacked in Yemen

Praying for peace and just hoping these guys will all go away if we just
leave them alone is the wrong approach.  The President has the right
idea when he said, "wanted dead or alive".  If we are to control our
destiny and that of our nation, no place can be a safe haven for terror.
We have to be willing to know no bounds in our quest.

"In war, the only sure defense is offense, and the efficiency of offense
depends on the warlike souls of those conducting it."

                                                         Gen George Patton

Let's not get too carried away with all the hype about how good these
terrorists are.  As I was packing my gear heading to the Persian Gulf
along with the rest of the Marine Corps a short ten years ago, every
military "scholar or commentator" on any newscast was blabbing endlessly
about how well trained and battle tested the million man Iraqi army was,
especially the Republican Guard.  In six short weeks they were begging
us to quit!

Of course, we could have ended it with much more violence and solved a
problem we've had in the region for a while, but decided not to make
that mistake twice.  Don't think any terrorist in the region doesn't
have that on his mind tonight.

As Americans we have not had to live in much fear.  We lead a relatively
peaceful and unthreatened life.

 As that has changed so will it change for our enemy.  Once we take the
initiative away from him he will be hiding and reacting to our advances.
Do not think these guys are anything special.  They are getting way too
much credit.

After all, the first American in space was a monkey.  We can teach
anyone to fly with enough bananas and electric shock.  Those hijackers
were not much different.

Once we shut down their finances and safe havens it will be they who are
on the run.  That process has already been started.  In America we have
the most dedicated group of professional warriors and crime fighters who
will make it a personal quest to track these murderers to the far
reaches of the earth to see the score is settled.

"I just wish there was something I could do."

Here is a quick list:

*Buy some stock, preferably in an airline.

*Generate an original thought; don't just repeat what you just heard on
the TV.

* Stop forwarding all those emails, especially the chain letters.  The
Internet network doesn't have the capacity, especially at a time when
someone is using it to track down our enemies.

* Buy a stamp and write a letter to "Any Firefighter/Policeman" New
York, New York 10010.

* Tonight, have a pizza delivered to your local firehouse or police
station with a note of thanks.

*Write the President@whitehouse.gov.  Let him know he has your support.

* At the high school football game this weekend, tell that kid to take
off his hat during the national anthem.

*Decide what you stand for, then tell your kids.

*Write your congressman, 332 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington
D.C 20515 and DEMAND they support our President.  Maybe even put
something in there about how the Navy might need to fire a few more
rounds down range for a warm up, so how about letting us use Vieques
Island a few more months.

* Teach your children that not all heroes carry, kick or shoot a ball.

"When a man has quietly made up his mind that there is nothing he cannot
endure, his fears leave him"
                                                    Grove Patterson

We are going to be in the driver's seat of a varsity asskicking contest
that the armies of Hannibal would have envied.  Let there be no doubt,
that at the end of this next war, terrorism will cease to exit as a
political force.  We have to be relentless and ruthless in our pursuit
to rid the world of this evil.  Let any follow on force or individual
know that any attempt to use this technique is destined to failure and
demise.  We have not had to refight any Samurai's or Waffen SS in the
last few decades because we (my father's generation of Americans) made
that fighting capability extinct.  (Reread the part about how WWII
ended).

We need to remove this scourge off the face of the earth in the next
18-24 months, or our sons and daughters will be fighting this problem
for the next 20 years...and that freshman soccer team I watched the
other day will be going to their prom in body armor and desert cammies.

I will have no sorrow in the deaths of our enemies, God Bless America,

Bob Wills LtCol of Marines (Ret)

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM