[iwar] [fc:The.Ayatullah.Fadlullah.Friday.Surmon]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-23 18:19:17

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:19:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:The.Ayatullah.Fadlullah.Friday.Surmon]

[Analysts Note: The Ayatullah Fadlullah is the most important Shiite
Cleric in the region and the spiritual advisor to HizbAllah.  These
groups are responsible for the ethnicide and displacement of Lebanon's
Christian population and are now involved in initiating a hot war with
Israel.

Many analysts feel that the U.S.'s ambivalent position in fighting
terrorism is responsible for, indeed encourages, state sponsored
terrorism.  And in this case the center of terrorism is Syria and Iran.

Only by supporting Israel and a free Lebanon can a coherent plan
occasion a halt to terror.  And halting terrorism in the Middle East is
in the best interests of the U.S.

As I write this, a very quiet, and very political approach is in
progress to bring into Washington next week, General Awn, a Lebanese in
exile in France, a nationalist, and a man who was rejected in the past
by the State Department and is unacceptable for many reasons to most
Lebanese groups and Israel.

There is no reason to divert resources from our natural allies and
support those who are suspect and a deterrent to a true Middle East
peace.

Contact the State Department and voice your objections to bringing
General Awn to D.C.  as it is counterproductive to the best interests of
the United States.]

          In the Name of God, The Compassionate the Merciful Ayatullah
Al Ozma H.E.  M.  H.  Fadlullah delivered the following khotba (at the
Imamain Al-Hassanain Mosque Shaaban2, 1422h October 19, 2001 (Several
prominent religious scholars, dignitaries and thousands of believers
attended the Jumu’a prayer).

                                Khotba
          In the Name of God, The Compassionate the Merciful
Worshippers of Allah (SWT)…. Be Pious and seek Allah’s satisfaction
that is not limited to fasting praying and Hajj. It extends to all
what we do or say, especially in the field of our social and political
lives.

As we live now in an era that witnesses the transformation of all the
powers of arrogance into one nation, we have to plan so as to avoid in
the first phase the result of its offensive, and to defeat the arrogance
in a later stage.

A New Phase of the Intifada

The Intifada development into a new stage when it began to target
Zionist officials.  It has killed the first Israeli minister in
retaliation for the assassination of several Palestinian political and
resistance leaders.  The enemy has begun its aggression, storming the
Palestinian villages and towns with its tanks and troops and uprooting
trees, killing children, woman and the elderly and talking about a fire
that will burn everything.

The Intifada has turned Sharon’s plan for Israeli security into a
failure.  All the Israeli government military and economic means were
not able to provide the security promised by Sharon.  But if the
Palestinian Authority had to play the game of detaining the Intifada men
under the American and Israeli pressures, the spirit of the Intifada has
proved its ability to resist all these pressures .  The Intifada should
continue, for the present state is as follows: Either the Palestinians
will yield to the Israeli pressures and stop the Intifada enabling the
Israelis to impose their conditions in the negotiations, or Israel will
have to recognize the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people as a
result of the Palestinian steadfastness and resolve.

Therefore, the Palestinians should rise to the level of challenge,
responding to each shelling of their villages and towns with a similar
shelling, and retaliating for each assassination by assassinating
Israeli officials… The enemy has dropped all red lines with its brutal
and barbaric operations… Thus, there should be no red lines in front of
the Intifada.  Restraint or detention of the Mujahideen, as demanded by
the international calls, does not do any good for the cause of freedom
and independence… The Arrogant powers will have to uphold its
responsibility towards the military chaos that could develop in the
occupied territories.

Arabs and Muslims have to insist –even if it were for once only- on
imposing their own conditions in giving the Palestinians their rights as
a precondition to join the coalition against the so-called terrorism...

The war against Afghanistan

The war against Afghanistan has changed into a war against the
civilians, with America testing its state of the art weapons in killing
hundreds of women, children and the elderly…

It has also dislocated of Afghanis who are running to find shelter in
caves, mountains or neighboring countries, only to die out of hunger
since no aid or food is reaching them.

In this respect, the biggest crime is the joining of Muslim states like
Pakistan and Turkey, the war that kills Muslims in the name of fighting
terrorism and not Islam… the fact that Pakistan declares that Taliban is
not s terrorist organization notwithstanding..

The land battle that is still to come promises to be a human massacre
for civilians in which Afghanis Pakistanis and other Muslims will take
part to serve the cause of international arrogance and kill fellow
Muslims.

We call on all our Afghan brothers to find a way to unite and stop
fighting one another.

They ought to find a common political, economic and security ground to
establish their unity away from any arrogant influence.

The international game does not serve the interests of nations but that
of the arrogant powers, no matter what they say in this respect.
Therefore, it is unlawful for a Muslim to fight another Muslim,
especially if this fight serves the interests of the Arrogant.  We know
that there are several diverse political and cultural lines among the
factions engaged in this internal conflict..  But the time now is for
the unity against the foreigners… Just as your unity in the past secured
your victory against the soviet occupation… This war is not the war of
the world against terrorism… It is America’s war against those who
oppose its policies .We have denounced all terrorist acts against
civilians all over the world.  And we now denounce this international
terrorism against the weakened Afghani innocent civilians… We can not
find an explanation for all this international American, Russian and
European enthusiasm to join the war against so weak a people like the
Afghanis, nor do we understand the reason for all this silence towards
all the Zionist crimes in Palestine.  What is happening now will yield
further anarchy and chaos and ultimately new forms and acts of
terrorism.  For pressure generates explosions.  We do not justify
terrorism, but we have to understand the objective cause of Terrorism so
as to uproot terrorism.  Finally we call on the Lebanese to be aware of
persecution, for there are many parties that might try to take advantage
of the current situation to incite internal strife… Be aware and keep
your unity.

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM