[iwar] [fc:Pak.madrassas.now.busy.churning.out.women.jehadis]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-23 18:20:37

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Pak.madrassas.now.busy.churning.out.women.jehadis]

          'Pak madrassas now busy churning out women jehadis'
                                 PTI
                       (Washington, October 22)

More than 100 religious schools in Pakistan are engaged in brainwashing
girls as young as five to women as old as 65 preparing them to "attain
martyrdom" by fighting in Kashmir and elsewhere.

Brainwashing techniques, employed under the guise of Koranic teachings,
are now being applied to train women jehadis, the New York Times (NYT)
reported.  The same brainwashing techniques were used to produce an
unlimited supply of male jehadis by Pakistani authorities or by
extremist leaders to use them as human fodder.

Interviews with some of the women jehadis' by the NYT showed that they
are fired with enthusiasm for terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden and
they too want to attain martyrdom somewhere.

When the girls in these institutions turn 15-16, marriages are arranged
for them and they further teach their children what they learnt in these
institutions, to remain at home, shunning modern ways of life.

A striking picture is that of a young mother kissing her young son,
holding him in her arms, but saying: "I named my son Osama.

"I named my son Osama because I want to make him a mujahid.  We are not
afraid.  I am already asking my husband if I can go to Kashmir and train
to fight."

The young mother said: "I will suicide-bomb.  If there are 20 to 30
non-Muslims, there I will commit martyrdom.  If America attacks, we will
put our hands on the throats of Americans and kill them."

The magazine said that apparently there is no shortage of funds to
establish such institutions in the name of religion where boys and girls
are taught to hate "the infidels" who "occupy Muslim lands."

The US publication, which earlier revealed the existence of 10,000
madrassas in Pakistan turning out jehadis, said more than 100 religious
schools have been established for women in Pakistan, particularly in the
North West Frontier Province.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM