[iwar] [fc:Anthrax.Letters.Analysis.in.Washington.Post/LA.Times]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-25 20:52:22

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:52:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Anthrax.Letters.Analysis.in.Washington.Post/LA.Times]

Hi all,

Did anyone catch my comments in today's Washington Post/LA Times article,
that was published in all major papers in the country where I commented on
the Anthrax letters and our belief after analysis of those letters that they
were not part of the 911 events and were someone, quite possibly US based
terrorists. What the article did say was accurate about the interview, but
they didn't describe much about how we came to our conclusions. For that
latter info, I have been interviewed today by WOR-NY, WMAL-Washington DC,
Washington Times, two reporters from the Oregonian, an interview by the
Clarion Ledger of Mississippi, and our local KPTV station in Portland.

If you want to get into the discussion of how we came to our conclusions, we
can do that but I ask that you all look at the letters (print them out if
necessary). One of the places to do that is the FBI web site.

Read the notes and then let's talk about the analysis. My butt is hanging out
way out there as I have already had calls from clients who have either read
the WP/LA Times article or heard one of my interviews in NY or Washington,
DC. (We have clients in 45 states, and six countries and including thirty
Fortune 500 companies, so I obviously hope future events will bear out our
analysis.

Let me know what your questions, if any, are and we can discuss them.

Gerald R. Brown

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM