[iwar] [fc:Fighting.againsst.the.US,.2.U.S..Nationals.Die.In.Afghanistan]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-10-28 16:34:28

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 16:34:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Fighting.againsst.the.US,.2.U.S..Nationals.Die.In.Afghanistan]

Guardian Unlimited | World Latest | 2 U.S. Nationals Die in Afghanistan

2 U.S. Nationals Die In Afghanistan

Sunday October 28, 2001 9:00 PM
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) - Three British and two American Muslims, who went
to Afghanistan to fight against the United States, were killed in the
U.S.-led bombing of the Afghan capital, an Islamic group said Sunday.
``All of them had gone to Afghanistan in early October to wage jihad, (holy
war) against the unjust policies of America,'' Hasan Butt, leader of the
al-Muhajiroun said by telephone from Pakistan's eastern city of Lahore.
``We have learned from our contacts that they were martyred by the American
bombing on Wednesday,'' he said.
Two of the British Muslims - Aftab Manzoor and Afzal Munir - came from Luton
while the third - Yasir Khan - was from Crawley, he said.
The identities of the two Americans were not immediately known, Butt said.
In Luton, 20 miles north of central London, Muslim community leader Akbar
Khan said growing numbers of Muslims in Britain have been joining up to
fight for Afghanistan.
``There's a lot of unhappiness among Muslims in Luton and the rest of the
country about the attitude of the West,'' Khan said.
At Luton's Central Mosque, where two of the men worshipped, Professor Masood
Hazarvi condemned extremist groups and said: ``We have banned people
distributing posters and pamphlets calling for Jihad against the U.S.''
Butt, who is a British subject, said the three Britons and two Americans
were not members of his al-Muhajiroun group, a Muslim political
organization.
Al-Muhajiroun is one of the several international Islamic groups which
operate in Pakistan to promote what they call an ``Islamic renaissance'' and
the establishment of a true Islamic state.

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM