RE: [iwar] [fc:Arab.world.poverty.--.whose.fault?]

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-10-30 11:50:02

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:50:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [iwar] [fc:Arab.world.poverty.--.whose.fault?]

Tony and all- To be specific, the word Taliban means student. No
religious connotation. After reading the Koran, I can tell you a few
things; just like some of the "out there" extreme christian
fundimentialists, the Taliban twists the actual words and meaning of
the Koran to meet their needs, not to satify the needs of a true
believer in Islam.  The Taliban , with help from Pakistan and Iran are
about totally false prophesy. They want power,control and they hate
Americans with a passionate zeal I have never seem.  When the Ayahtolla
died, we were no longer the "great satan", just an O.K. satan. The
Taliban requested and got an emergency Arab League meeting for
"solidarity". Their problem is that every member nation with the
exception of Iraq voted against the Talibans motion for Arab
solidarity.

Between the Taliban and their "guest" Mr. Bin Laden, I do believe we
are back to great satanhood again.  The problem for the Taliban is a
good deal of what they do is considered blasphemey in the Koran, but no
on is stopping them.  While they should have a much larger gripe with
Russia, they are no fools and realize that militarily, it is far harder
to track down anyone half a world away. The Taliban, religiously, would
have been excommunicaded years ago if that were possible.

This is a country without any real government at this time, and war
lords rule their piece of the pie and it is clear that the Taliban is
just such a group. What they do in abusing women is not about Islam.
Its about power.  Given they control the majority of the nation, Hobb's
law wins. Ownership is 9/10s of the law.  This is a turf battle that
went global on 11 Sept.  Where it goes from here is anyones guess, but
they are not making friends.  Unfortunatly, our foreign policy which
has favored Isreal for years is causing us trouble.  While no other
Arab nation will overtly join the fight, they are also unwilling to
simply show us support. More of the area nations are also rife to
support for fear that Iraq, or Iran will attack them.  There is a good
bit of regional politicking going on which most Americans dont
understand, but may of the area moderates are frightened that  similar
movements will start growing in an otherwise moderate arab nations.
This is a no will situation for many parties.

FYI_ the problem with food shortiges is in part due to a three year
drought.