[iwar] [fc:Interview.with.Mullah.Omar.-.transcript.-.VERY.IMPORTANT.TO.READ.THIS.ONE]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-11-15 09:18:30

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:18:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Interview.with.Mullah.Omar.-.transcript.-.VERY.IMPORTANT.TO.READ.THIS.ONE]

Thursday, 15 November, 2001, 10:31 GMT

Interview with Mullah Omar - transcript

The BBC's Pashto service has interviewed Taleban leader Mullah Mohammad
Omar.

The BBC asked the questions through a Taleban intermediary over
satellite phone. He passed them on to the Taleban leader through a
hand-held radio and then attached the phone's receiver to the radio for
Mullah Omar's answers.

The following is the transcript of the interview

What do you think of the current situation in Afghanistan?

You (the BBC) and American puppet radios have created concern. But the
current situation in Afghanistan is related to a bigger cause - that is
the destruction of America.

And on the other hand, the screening of Taleban [for those who are or
are not loyal] is also in process. We will see these things happen
within a short while.

What do you mean by the destruction of America? Do you have a concrete
plan to implement this?

The plan is going ahead and, God willing, it is being implemented.

But it is a huge task, which is beyond the will and comprehension of
human beings.

If God's help is with us, this will happen within a short period of
time; keep in mind this prediction.

Osama Bin Laden has reportedly threatened that he would use nuclear,
chemical or biological weapons against America. Is your threat related
to his?

This is not a matter of weapons. We are hopeful for God's help. The real
matter is the extinction of America. And, God willing, it [America] will
fall to the ground.

During the past few days, you have lost control of several provinces.
Are you hopeful to regain the lost territory?

We are hopeful that you will see the same kind of change that you saw
[losing and regaining territory].

What was the reason for the fast retreat? Why have your troops fled the
cities? Is it because you suffered heavily from the US bombings or have
your soldiers betrayed you?

I told you that it is related to the larger task.

The Taleban may have made some mistakes.

Screening the Taleban [for loyalty] is a big task. And these problems
may serve to cleanse [errant Taleban] of their sins. But there is a big
change underway on the other side as well.

Can you tell us which provinces are under your control at the moment?

We have four-five provinces. But it is not important how many provinces
we have under our control.

Once we did not have a single province, and then the time came when we
had all the provinces, which we have lost in a week. So the numbers of
the provinces are not important.

As your participation in the future government has already been ruled
out - if some of your forces decide to join the future government as
representatives of the Taleban in general or to moderate Taleban, will
you oppose it?

There is no such thing in the Taleban. All Taleban are moderate. There
are two things: extremism ["ifraat", or doing something to excess] and
conservatism ["tafreet", or doing something insufficiently]. So in that
sense, we are all moderates - taking the middle path.

The struggle for a broad-based government has been going on for the last
20 years, but nothing came of it.

We will not accept a government of wrong-doers. We prefer death than to
be a part of an evil government.

I tell you, keep this in mind. This is my prediction. You believe it or
not - it's up to you. But we will have to wait and see.

Source:

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.