Re: [iwar] [fc:USA.STRUGGLES.AGAINST.ISRAELI.SPIES.AND.JEWISH.EXTREMISTS]

From: Lewis Z. Koch (lzkoch@attbi.com)
Date: 2001-12-18 06:48:35

From: "Lewis Z. Koch" <lzkoch@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:48:35 -0600
Subject: Re: [iwar] [fc:USA.STRUGGLES.AGAINST.ISRAELI.SPIES.AND.JEWISH.EXTREMISTS]

Fred:

I think it might be a tad more helpful if you could place the source
of the articles at the top rather than at the end.  In this case, the
source was PRAVDA. Knowing that was the sources as I
began reading I would have either said, OK -- this is coming from a source
with a
familiar history. More than likely I would have read the first
four or five paragraphs before trashing it. But even if I chose
to read the whole thing, I would have had a PRAVDA "context"
for the "information."

For example the sentence, "The detained [Israeli spies (sic)] are said
to have been aware of the terrorist acts, but they provided no information
about them."

"Are said...?" By whom? This is the variation on the early anti-Semitic
theme (post-
dancing in the streets Palestinian joy that the WTCs were destroyed,) that
all Jews were told to stay away from the WTC on 7/11.

It's like when I hear Fox News as a "source" I massage the same
grain of sand , as when Jerry Falwell names civil liberties
groups, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters as bringing
about the horror of the WTC bombings.

Lew Koch

<snip>

>USA STRUGGLES AGAINST ISRAELI SPIES AND JEWISH EXTREMISTS
>
>Relations between the USA and Israel have become complicated recently.
>America decided to support Israel's rough actions towards the Palestinians.
>At the same time, US special services detain Israeli spies on American
>territory and struggle with home-bred Jewish extremists.

<snip>

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!