[iwar] Re: [fc:Arms.Seizure.Backfires,.Wounds.Israel]

From: televr (yangyun@metacrawler.com)
Date: 2002-01-10 08:09:07

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "televr" <yangyun@metacrawler.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:09:07 -0000
Subject: [iwar] Re: [fc:Arms.Seizure.Backfires,.Wounds.Israel]

--- In iwar@y..., "Lewis Z. Koch" <lzkoch@a...> wrote:
> My "reasonable evidence" for putting Tonga in caps
> (after I had written it the usual manner one word prior) was for
dramatic
> emphasis.

That's just contradictory, you can't be reasonable and hyperbolic at
the same time. Next.

> In Chicago, where I come from, someone who registered a ship in
> Tonga, would be thought of as someone "not able to take a shake."

Chicago-ese is not exactly standard english, either. Don't know what
you said here. But take another example, registering an internet
domain ".to". IS there something intrinsically suspect about your
neighbors in Toronto because of the website http://welcome.to/toronto ?

> You don't find it suspicious that a ship, owned by an Iraqi national,
> a Lebanese-flagged vessel, operated by the Beirut-based Diana K.
> Shipping Co. and sold in August 2001 to Ali Mohammed Abbas for $400,000,
> finally to be re-registered in thousands of miles away in Tonga, an
island
> monarchy located in Western Polynesia -you don't find that a bit
SUSPECT?

Being registered in Vanuatu or Tonga or New Zealand makes no
difference, surely. Maybe all commerce should be carried out by US
Federal employees, just for added homeland protection?

> "...stupid upper case antics in your email," as you put it. Perhaps.
But one
> would have to be as dumb as a box of rocks, "televr"
> <yangyun@m...>,
> to buy into that pile of hapless excuses.

Your scorpion-like personality cannot resist a cowardly ad hominen
bite, finally. Crawl back into your hole.

> Lew Koch
>

> Lew Koch
>

> At 09:37 PM 1/9/2002 +0000, televr wrote:
> >--- In iwar@y..., "Lewis Z. Koch" <lzkoch@a...> wrote:
> > > Let's see....we got a ship owned by an Iraqi national,
> >Lebanese-flagged,
> > > registered in
> > > Beiruit and then registered in Tonga. TONGA? And this is
supposed to "
> > > lends credence to the Palestinian
> > > denials and countercharges that Israel manipulated the seizure to
> >derail
> > > peace talks."
> >
> >If you have any reasonable evidence as to why Tonga registration is
> >questionable, perhaps you could share it with the world instead of the
> >stupid upper case antisc in your email.

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!