RE: [iwar] IWAR TECH

From: Wanja Eric Naef [IWS] <w.naef@iwar.org.uk>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 14:13:03 PST

Hi again,

|Sure - sign me up. Do you have an archive?

You have been added. You might want to set up a mail filter - every email
has the following subject line: [Infocon-Limited]

Yes, I do (but only from this year as friend's company was kind enough to
give me a server). http://www.iwar.org.uk/mailman/private/infocon-limited
(you need your email and pwd to access it).

|So how do we get funding for this sort of thing?

Good question. I have been running the IWS site for nearly 4 years now and I
have received virtually no support. Thanks to a friend I finally got a very
secure server, but that is about it. Currently, I have sent out a
sponsorship proposal to an InfoSec company to support my research which gets
more and more time consuming (it is like a job with the slight catch you do
not get paid), but I have not hard back from it.

I heard the DHS is dishing out money for project which look at how to share
information. A new info-sharing project is going to be launched in January
and it might actually have some money for a change to support other projects
(will let you know more once I get more information).

BTW thank you again for your wireless quote.

All the best,

WEN