[iwar] Re: truth quotients

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 07:09:48 PST

Per the message sent by DrewSchaefer@ftnetwork.com:
> Your issues/voice, Tony, are right, IMHO. Who would have thought
> we'd be analyzing the 'Truth Quotient' of a second sitting President
> with as much fervor, and with much more at stake, than through the
> lens provided by the Right and the Media on Clinton?

The problem with this in the case of the Bush administration is that:
        (1) They don't seem to say anything when they speak
        (2) Nothing they say is reflective of reality

I would not want this list to become so high volume that it reflected
all of the propaganda of the current administration. And I don't want
it to become a political diatribe area. If, however, someone wants to
point out information warfare aspects to the list, I would be happy to
read them.

[Taliban/Queda/others strike on the US a pre-emptive strike]
> Provocative statement?

Not particularly... only technically inaccurate. The US had been doing
plenth of things to provoke many of the peoples of the Middle East for a
long time. Bush simply walked away from the negotiations process and as
a result signalled that negotiations would no longer work. As far as
the folks responsible were concerned we had been waging war on them for
a long time. The 911 strike was not even a particular escalation. They
had been doing this against lots of folks for many years - it's just the
the UC-centric view was that since we had not been seriously hurt it
must not be worth attending to. The US "only superpower" attitude that
still exists today belies a deep misinderstanding by those who make
these sorts of statements of the reality of the world. The US did a
pre-emptive strike against Iraq, but not against Afghanastan.

FC
-- This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to serve --
Fred Cohen - http://all.net/ - fc@all.net - fc@unhca.com - tel/fax: 925-454-0171
Fred Cohen & Associates - University of New Haven - Security Posture

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/kgFolB/TM