Fw: [iwar] news

From: c.g. treadwell (fastflyermach1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 2001-05-21 05:32:24

From: "c.g. treadwell" <fastflyermach1@worldnet.att.net>
To: <fc@all.net>
Subject: Fw: [iwar] news
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:32:24 -0400

Morning Fred: Here is your sort of first laugher for the day.  I worked as a
consultant to State-AID on the " Mahawelli-Ganga River Project in 1981. We
were asked to write a systems model that would simulate just about
everything major that affected Ski Lanka.

As few of AID's grey head had decided, along with the govt of Sri Lanka
that, given the horrendous overcrowing in there capitol , Columbo, that over
a 30 year time person, they could forceably move over 1 Million peasants
from Columbo, into what was then an arid wasteland.  The deal was as
follows: they would simply divert this giant river-the Mahawelli-Ganga- into
this desert thereby creating a lovely agricultural wonderland.    The
biggest problems, is that these folks used wood to cook with and do nearly
everything.  We were actualy asked to estimate the cost of creating tree
growth areas, of course, protected by armed guards.

Then some even more senseless "bright person" decided their economy was
crashing at a faster pace, and asked us to re-calculate this all for FIVE
years.  I was one of the two primary briefers and when they asked about the
five year time line, my fillings nearly fell out.

In the end, it turned out that we were the fifth firm that had in on the
deal.  They were quite clearly looking for the answer they wanted, but it
simply was not going to happen. Near to the end of the project, we found out
some weapons sales were involved.  A good time was not had by all.
A few years later, I became a pal of the President's son, Sajith, who was a
cool yong man.  Sadly, however, his Dad was assisinated in an official
ceremony.  Standard suicide bomber and Tamil Tiger from the North East
They recognized Saj's Dad body by the rings on one arm.
That is the ultimate definition of a shit day at the office.
Have a good day,
BR