RE: [iwar] I have always been amazed at how obvious the rhetoric is

From: Mohammad Ozair Rasheed (ozair_rasheed@geocities.com)
Date: 2001-09-26 08:10:15

To: "Info War" <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Mohammad Ozair Rasheed" <ozair_rasheed@geocities.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 20:10:15 +0500
Subject: RE: [iwar] I have always been amazed at how obvious the rhetoric is

In this realm of seriousness, a hint of humor, enjoy and lighten up.

Regards,
Ozair

U.S. SUSPECTS WORLD NOT PUTTING U.S. INTERESTS FIRST International
Community Denies Charges, Insist They Mean "U.S." When They Say "World"

Washington, D.C. (SatireWire.com) — In a stinging accusation, the U.S.
today charged other nations with taking a narrow-minded "world view" and
deliberately failing to consider U.S. economic interests above
individual international concerns. World leaders immediately denied the
charges, calling the U.S. allegations, "paranoid delusions of
non-grandeur."

WHITE HOUSE EVIDENCE:

· International politicians and the media have blasted the U.S. for
abandoning the Kyoto global warming treaty, despite the fact that the
U.S. has explained the treaty would not be good for the U.S. economy.

· The European Union has yet to lower its stricter Internet privacy
standards, even though the U.S. has pointed out that these standards
could hurt American businesses.

· Several countries, including India, are encouraging their skilled high
tech workers to stay home and not emigrate to the United States,
ignoring the fact that the United States "could probably use them."

"They can deny it, but from carbon dioxide emissions to Internet privacy
standards, these internationals appear to be taking a rather myopic
'world view,' instead of stepping back and looking at the broader
American economic view," said U.S President George W. Bush. "These
people have to recognize that there is an entire United States community
out there beyond their borders."

If this troubling trend continues, Bush warned, the United States will
be forced to "take its ball and go home." Asked exactly what ball he was
referring to, Bush replied: "It's big and blue and we all live on it."

While evidence supporting the allegations appears to be damning, world
leaders insisted the United States has misunderstood. On the tiny
Pacific atoll of Kiribati, which is threatened by rising seas,
government official Baranika Etuati insisted his recent remark to
Reuters that, 'It is a terrible economic problem, it is our very
survival," referred to U.S. economy. "What else would I be referring
to?" he asked bewilderingly.

British Environment Minister Michael Meacher, meanwhile, said the idea
that Europe would not consider the U.S. economy above all was absurd.
"Naturally, when we want to protect consumers or deal with the
environment or stop wars, we first ask ourselves, 'How will our
decisions impact suffering American business interests?'"

U.S. officials, however, greeted those comments with suspicion, noting
that few world leaders' public comments mention this consideration.

"That's because it's a given," replied Japanese Prime Minister Yoshiro
Mori. "It's like when you love someone. You don't always have to say it.
You just know."

RECOMMEND
THIS PAGE
Copyright © 2001, SatireWire.