RE: [iwar] [fc:Arab.world.poverty.--.whose.fault?]

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-10-26 22:21:52

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [iwar] [fc:Arab.world.poverty.--.whose.fault?]

Whose fault? A three year long drought that has turned into a famine.
No real government.  The Taliban are not recognized as a government
with the exception of Iraq-not a great character reference for a
government. 50% of the population who cannot go to school and have
limited access to healthcare(Women) and a nation that is run by war
lords in the post soviet war era.  That is a simple recipe for total
national collapse.  If you ad in their perpelual "guest" Mr. Bin Laden,
you have turned what nation you have into public enemy number one, even
in the arab world in some cases.

Whose fault is the peoples suffering? The bad guys can start taking
numbers.  We just came on the scene after 11 Sept and the Russian's
like the fact that while it is not the intent, Islam is being kept down
if you can call what the Taliban think of as Islam.

--- Tony Bartoletti <azb@llnl.gov> wrote:
> While I largely agreed with the article, it may be a bit too broad to
> say
> "None but the Muslims".
>
> Over the centuries, many countries that were formerly monarchies have
>
> become democratic, along paths that vary in bloodshed.
>
> As (some) other parts of the world become democratic and "modern",
> there is
> pressure to follow suit.  This is good.
>
> When a non-democratic country is suddenly discovered to possess a
> resource
> "greatly valuable" to the powerful democracies, is it fair for these
> democracies to say, "We simply got the best (financial) deal we could
> for
> the resource, dealing with the ruling regime?"  For if the people
> (the
> masses) of that region had aspired to better lives, and such
> improvements
> are not forthcoming, their ability to effect change must now face a
> ruling
> regime far better equipped with money and arms to suppress dissent.
>
> Is this not the root conundrum?

> At 09:33 AM 10/26/01 +0500, you wrote:
> >Quite true. None but the Muslims are to be blamed for their current
> >state.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Ozair

http://personals.yahoo.com

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM