RE: [iwar] [fc:Arab.world.poverty.--.whose.fault?]

From: Tony Bartoletti (azb@llnl.gov)
Date: 2001-10-29 08:57:52

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: Tony Bartoletti <azb@llnl.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:57:52 -0700
Subject: RE: [iwar] [fc:Arab.world.poverty.--.whose.fault?]

My comments addressed the statement that "None but the Muslims" are to
blame for their conditions.  That statement is far broader than "Taliban",
which is only Muslim by some great stretch of the imagination.  My comments
address the entire Muslim and Arab world, vis-a-vis the west, historically.

Or shall we proclaim that history plays no part in the events of 9/11?

I hold the Taliban to be largely responsible for "their" fate.

____tony____

At 10:21 PM 10/26/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Whose fault? A three year long drought that has turned into a famine.
>No real government.  The Taliban are not recognized as a government
>with the exception of Iraq-not a great character reference for a
>government. 50% of the population who cannot go to school and have
>limited access to healthcare(Women) and a nation that is run by war
>lords in the post soviet war era.  That is a simple recipe for total
>national collapse.  If you ad in their perpelual "guest" Mr. Bin Laden,
>you have turned what nation you have into public enemy number one, even
>in the arab world in some cases.
>
>Whose fault is the peoples suffering? The bad guys can start taking
>numbers.  We just came on the scene after 11 Sept and the Russian's
>like the fact that while it is not the intent, Islam is being kept down
>if you can call what the Taliban think of as Islam.
>
>--- Tony Bartoletti <azb@llnl.gov> wrote:
> > While I largely agreed with the article, it may be a bit too broad to
> > say
> > "None but the Muslims".

Tony Bartoletti 925-422-3881 <azb@llnl.gov>
Information Operations, Warfare and Assurance Center
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA 94551-9900

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM