Re: [iwar] Digest Number 980

From: Tony Bartoletti <azb@llnl.gov>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 12:09:30 PST

Hi Drew,

You would think that with spin flying everywhere on important issues, IWAR
would be a hot topic. Perhaps it is a war of attrition - we are being so
worn down by multi-directional spin, we lose the ability to recognize it.

I had always hoped (somehow) that the advent of global instantaneous
information (smile, you're on my web-cam-enabled cell phone) would lead to
some kind of "aggregating" technology (think eBay buyer-seller comments,
web-post-scoring, etc) and disambiguation-ware, providing a "most coherent
hypothesis" picture of the real world...

What modern search-engines do for "informational seeking", we need some
global "coherence-engines" for producing plausible hypotheses to
situational questions ...

Will sheer volume be on our side in this (eventual) scenario?

Perhaps the time is coming ...

Looks like Fred is still with us :)

Cheers! ____tony____

At 01:09 AM 11/26/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Tony, Fred? If I'm not out of line, let me know somehow
>if this list is ever going to 'reactivate' on the issues
>which were and remain vital, even for one with a legal
>background, not an IT Security background...
>
>IOW: Is the good conversation somewhere else these days?
>
>I'll unsubscribe by Friday if this doesn't provoke either
>a private or list-based response.
>
>It was fun........
>
>drew
>
>Drew Schaefer, JD
>ruelle des Galeries, 9
>CH-1248 Suisse
>Phone on request
>
>"I believe -
>in human dignity as the source of national purpose,
>in human liberty as the source of national action,
>in the human heart as the source of national compassion, and
>in the human mind as the source of our invention and our ideas"
>John F Kennedy, September 1960

Tony Bartoletti 925-422-3881 <azb@llnl.gov>
Information Operations and Assurance Center
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA 94551-9900

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/kgFolB/TM